Sea Trek Helmet Dive...Caymens or Cozumel through Carnival??

Bartender840510

I did i through Royal they go through a third party operator. I did it in the Caymans it was a blast. You put these big hlemts on you look like a smerf and you go thirty feet under water and walk around. The hardest thing to remember is that if you talk no one can here you. And not to look up cause if you do water will get in the helmet and will take a min for the water to get pushed out. If you have the money its worth it I loved it and plan to do it in April in Cozumel

I've done this before via a private tour operator in Mexico. It's a very memorable experience, and it's worth the money. IF you're more comfortable booking through Carnival and have the cash I'd go that way, but if you do your research prior to arrival, you can find reputable operators that provide the same service at a lower price. One tip... listen carefully to your instructor when he tells you how to clear the pressure in your head when you're down that deep... (you'll thank me later haha) If you're in Cozumel and like Mexican food, make sure you visit Pancho's Backyard... I'd probably book a cruise to cozumel just to go eat there again! Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I did my Sea Trek experience in Cozumel and it was a lot of fun. I will say it was different than I expected and you have to learn quickly to relax when you're under the water. My daughter who was 13 at the time couldn't relax and when you panic water has a way of getting into your helmet. She came back up and we wasted $100. My wife had trouble at first too but did come back down. My experience was awesome and I'd pay to do it again but I'm not sure it's for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a Sea Trek Dive in Aruba and another at Sea World in the shark tank. It is great.

We did an underwater scooter version in St Thomas that we didn't like as much.

We noticed in St Thomas at Coral World (non-scooter/regular Sea Trek dive) that the cruise ships had priority and seemed to take up all the slots at prime times so doing it on your own might look like it costs less but may not be an available option.

If you are prone to seasickness, do SeaTrek helmet dive in Cayman, not Cozumel. There is a definite current in Coz and the inevitable result is not pleasant! My husband loved it, but I had to abort part way through because I forgot to take something for motion sickness before we started. Ah well . . .

Archived