Do KIDS pay $30 fee at Steakhouse?

jetfan0330

I know if I took my 5yr old son there he would eat just as much as an adult and at the end of the meal he would ask for a half a cup of coffee with his dessert:D. I think that it is good that Carnival charges everyone this way it want turn into a kids free for all! We sail on Disney and no kids are permitted in the upcharge restuarants.

I know if I took my 5yr old son there he would eat just as much as an adult and at the end of the meal he would ask for a half a cup of coffee with his dessert:D. I think that it is good that Carnival charges everyone this way it want turn into a kids free for all! We sail on Disney and no kids are permitted in the upcharge restuarants.

I think that it should be that way on all cruiselines.

Yes, which is why we book a dinner in the Steakhouse on a night when we "allow" our son to eat with Camp Carnival.

There is waaayyy too much food for a child; the meal is served leisurely; they don't have a child's menu and $30 is too much money for a kid.

We look forward to our private dinner together in the Steakhouse and our son enjoys his meal with his camp friends.

No kids menu and everyone pays. On the Dream this past summer there was a party of 14 at the steakhouse which included 7 kids between the 4 and 10 age group. We were kind of shocked to see them there, but it was funny to see the look on there faces when they brought out the hugh steaks for them. There was a lot of wasted food that night.

Prob ally a way to say....Adults only...no children allowed.

Sandy

Close but more like We will take $30 from anyone and we are not encouraging you to bring your kids.

Got to say some kids would enjoy the steak house.

I know as a 9 year old going out to the "fancy" steak restaurant was a big treat and greatly enjoyed.

We brought our then-10 year-old to the steakhouse on Pride. He hasn't ordered from the kids' menu in the dining room since he was about six because he really likes the regular menu, so we weren't really worried about what to feed him in the steakhouse. Son was well behaved. He ordered shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, and surf and turf; he did well with the shrimp and the salad, but faltered a bit when it came to the entree. He finished the lobster but was too stuffed for the filet (it didn't go to waste - DH finished it for him). Skipped dessert completely, and after dinner he allowed that next time we planned to visit the steakhouse, he'd have dinner on the Lido deck. On our next cruise, he'll probably have dinner with his brothers while we go to the steakhouse.

We brought our then-10 year-old to the steakhouse on Pride. He hasn't ordered from the kids' menu in the dining room since he was about six because he really likes the regular menu, so we weren't really worried about what to feed him in the steakhouse. Son was well behaved. He ordered shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, and surf and turf; he did well with the shrimp and the salad, but faltered a bit when it came to the entree. He finished the lobster but was too stuffed for the filet (it didn't go to waste - DH finished it for him). Skipped dessert completely, and after dinner he allowed that next time we planned to visit the steakhouse, he'd have dinner on the Lido deck. On our next cruise, he'll probably have dinner with his brothers while we go to the steakhouse.

Good thing he didn't order the cheesecake it probably would have killed him.

I have seen kids in diapers in the Steakhouse.. why??? couldn't tell you maybe because they couldn't bring them to CC they were too young.. or maybe as with older kids parents want to have the quality time with their children... so beit..as long as your kids don't bother myself, my dining partners or other diners.. go for it.. but if you child or kids get out of hand.. do the right thing and remove them right away.. thats all I have to say...;) If not enjoy your dining experience:)

My kids have always eaten from an adult menu since they were like 8 or 9....both our kids will be eating with us in the Steakhouse they are 12 and 16....I see no issues with kids in the steakhouse "If they can behave" who am I to say someone shouldn't spend that money...

I was wondering if Kids paid the additional fee...thanks for the reply...too lazy to look it up at the Carnival site :-)

from someone who made the mistake of taking the kid to the steakhouse... its a really bad idea. unless they're older. the servings are largeish, and theres no kids menu.

its quiet. and dark. and romantic-esque. no kids menu. and she just about lost it when the fantastic waiter put in front of her the raw tenderloin appetizer... the waiter was quick though, when she turned green he played it up green eggs and ham style, and said he forgot to cook it and took it away quickly.

My 12 yr old daughter and I are cruising in January and Yes, Im treating her to a night at the steakhouse! :) Makin memories!

We are also treating our daughter, 11, to the steakhouse. She enjoys going to restaurants, and she is on vacation with us. Why wouldn't we bring her?:confused:

Archived