Personal Opinions

pal4404

My DH and I will be taking our first Celebrity cruise. Prior cruises have been on Princess in their mini suites with bed always at the bath. The cabin we have booked on Celebrity Eclipse 9227 has the bed at the balcony. There seems to be ample cabins at this time on the Dec 24 cruise that I can change to should I make that choice. The cabin has positives in the fact it is close to the elevator and is on the hump with no lifeboats below. If I were to change it would be on the flat before the front hump area. Those who have had a bed by the balcony what did you find to be the major issues. It appears the closet will be easier accessed with the bed by the balcony.

My DH and I will be taking our first Celebrity cruise. Prior cruises have been on Princess in their mini suites with bed always at the bath. The cabin we have booked on Celebrity Eclipse 9227 has the bed at the balcony. There seems to be ample cabins at this time on the Dec 24 cruise that I can change to should I make that choice. The cabin has positives in the fact it is close to the elevator and is on the hump with no lifeboats below. If I were to change it would be on the flat before the front hump area. Those who have had a bed by the balcony what did you find to be the major issues. It appears the closet will be easier accessed with the bed by the balcony.

We were on the Eclipse in an aft cabin. We had the bed by the balcony. I liked the bed by the balcony. I could see the wake from the bed; the room seemed bigger. As far as getting into the closet the sofa was there so I don't think that makes a big difference. I wouldn't change my cabin based on the bed location, in fact I prefer the bed at the balcony.

I prefer to have the bed closer to the bathroom so I don't stumble over anything if I get up at night to "go", and I like having the living area overlooking the ocean. It's all just a matter of personal preference. I think you'll find the cabins smaller than Princess mini-suites but the ship will feel much sleeker and more modern and upscale.

Bed by the balcony is my 1st choice. WHen you open the door it makes the room seem bigger and when I'm getting ready (especially on formal night, I don't have to get dressed by the balcony and walk back and forth past the bed to get to the closet and bathroom. But if I found a cabin location I liked, this would be my last concern.

Archived