Who charges for infants?

Nanookz

My child is 16 weeks now and my wife would like to go on a cruise when the baby is 10 mo. My brother took his 7mo on Carnival and they charged 3rd person rate and they wanted him to tip for the baby.

I was wondering what lines don't charge for infants? Also if they do charge what do they provide for the child for that fee.

We have cruised several times before and are open to new lines.

thanks

The only line that doesn't charge is NCL. Otherwise you will pay a 3rd person rate which includes any food that you may order for your child, a crib (as long as you let them know in advance), and other items for example if your child isn't potty trained and has a full diaper call them and they will come remove it from the cabin. My TA highly recommends NCL as they will charge for a 2 year old but their child program starts at that age.

Hello,

we just booked Voyager on RCCI and almost booked with NCL when we found out our 14-month-old would be sailing for "free"; turns out the taxes and fees amounted to over $300.00 on NCL which is almost what we are paying as 3rd pax on RCCI.

Therefore, "free" is subject to interpretation.

Another FYI, a reason we booked with RCCI is that they have activities for the 6-36 month-old groups, however parent-accompanied.

HTH!

Disney is another line that does not charge, but for them it is children under 3. The do like all others cruise lines charge port and taxes for the infant. The Disney children's program does not start until age 3 and potty trained, but they have the Flounder's Reef group baby sitting for a charge that is open quite a bit, even when the ship is in port.

Ooops, I see Ago beat me to it, even a "free" cruise charges port and taxes of nearly $300, so no one sails completely free.

Still, it beats paying up to $700 that some lines charge for an infant who isn't even eating anything!:mad:

Carnival charges a minimal amount for 3rd passengers... it is the port taxes that add up. Also, Carnival does not do tipping on children under 2 years old.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Gratuities_Tips.aspx

The last line:

Note: Guests under two years of age are not required to extend gratuities.

Hope this helps some.

Archived