Crew On Thomson's Ships- Louis' or Thomson's?

Hello everyone !

I was just wondering about who is staffing Thomson's ships.

I know for a fact that the Thomson Dream has been bare-boat chartered from Costa, meaning that Thomson get the ship but the staff, food, equipment, entertainment etc. is all the responsibility of Thomson. Costa more or less provides nothing other than the ship itself. It is the same situation on the Celebration which is leased from Holland America.

So I ask you experienced Thomson cruisers, are the crew aboard the Louis Cruise Line chartered ships (Destiny and Spirit) Thomson crew or Louis? Not just that, but the food, etc?

I'm thinking about a cruise aboard the Destiny and I just do want to make sure that I am on a Thomson Cruises trip and not a Louis ship (the ships are even featured on Louis' website).

Thank you !

I think there are very few actual Thomson staff aboard Destiny and Spirit but the ships look and feel pretty much the same as Dream and Celebration. This applies to Dream and Celebration as well with few direct employees and most of the crew are supplied by agencies anyway.

As a direct comparison between almost identical ships there are only slight differences in the cruise experience between Spirit and Celebration. slightly different ways of organising the buffet for example but I imagine this is more down to how the executive chef wants to do it.

The passengers will not be aware that they are on a Louis ship for example as it looks and feels like Thomson.

Hello everyone !

I was just wondering about who is staffing Thomson's ships.

I know for a fact that the Thomson Dream has been bare-boat chartered from Costa, meaning that Thomson get the ship but the staff, food, equipment, entertainment etc. is all the responsibility of Thomson. Costa more or less provides nothing other than the ship itself. It is the same situation on the Celebration which is leased from Holland America.

So I ask you experienced Thomson cruisers, are the crew aboard the Louis Cruise Line chartered ships (Destiny and Spirit) Thomson crew or Louis? Not just that, but the food, etc?

I'm thinking about a cruise aboard the Destiny and I just do want to make sure that I am on a Thomson Cruises trip and not a Louis ship (the ships are even featured on Louis' website).

Thank you !

Hi, Dont know if this adds anything to this topic, but apparently Celebration is owned by Thomsons.

Archived