Carribean Cricket Tours

Capnahab

Hi

My wife and I are going to the Carribean next November with P&O and I was wondering if any of the tours follow a cricket theme. We were speaking to a lady on a recent cruise who met Sir Viv Richards on a P&O cricket tour some years ago and wondered if they are still of a similar theme.

Thanks

I know this probably doesn't answer your specific question, but you may be interested to read this recent thread -

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1507168#

You may well be on the same cruise as the OP of that thread. Unfortunately we shall not be there in November, but intend to visit the Barbados Kensington Oval and the cricket museum whilst we are there. Its very near to the cruise port, about 5 minutes walk apparently.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Hi

My wife and I are going to the Carribean next November with P&O and I was wondering if any of the tours follow a cricket theme. We were speaking to a lady on a recent cruise who met Sir Viv Richards on a P&O cricket tour some years ago and wondered if they are still of a similar theme.

Thanks

On our Caribbean cruise last year we walked to the old test match ground in Antigua and were shown around by the groundsman: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1320820

It was a great experience and even if you didn't get the personal treatment I doubt that there would be a problem going in for a look.

All the best

Damian

Hi there I have been on a cricket tour about 3 years ago, it was on Antiga, and it was brilliant.We first went to the new ground, built by the chinese. We went into the dressing rooms, to the nets and practice area, then onto the ground. They even allowed us to walk on the square! No wonder they had problems with the pitch a year or so later!

From their we went to the ARC, WHICH WAS AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING EXPERIENCE. The ground actually abuts the prison, and whilst we were their they were building a stage for a pop concert on the square. We spoke to the groundsman, who showed us the actual pitch that Lara broke the record for highest score. Then the changing rooms were something utterly unbelievable.

From there we went to 'Sticky Wicket' the ground that the American multi millionaer built for the 20/20 world cup I think. The ground was magnificent, as was the place. We had lunch there and afterwards taken upstairs to a large room, and there we met Curtly Ambrose who gave a talk, then answered questions followed by photo's and autographs.

It was a magical trip, cost about £65, but well worth it for me. We cruise with Fred Olsen on that occasion, although I do believe P&O do a similar trip. Hope you go, have a great time!

Archived