Beverages

fireofficer5

Are there any bar packages for hard liquor and can I bring on soft drinks?

Yes, you can. They have cocktails packages which you can buy at any bar on board.myou pay for 10 and get a book of vouchers for 12. If you like your spirits without mixers, this would not be worthwhile for you.

The official policy is that you are not allowed to bring any beverages onboard. That said they are not very diligent at enforcing it.

Hi...that sounds like a good deal (12 for 10)

must they all be consumed by the same person or could one split them?

and/or could I give a drink ticket to someone??

Can anyone please tell me the cost of the 12 for price of 10 package?

does it include foo drinks/frozen drinks??

also....cost of soda package to purchase on board? does it include water?

what do you get with it? is it "splitable">

I am on the 4 night cruise so any guesses what these packages would cost?

thanks

Hi...that sounds like a good deal (12 for 10)

must they all be consumed by the same person or could one split them?

and/or could I give a drink ticket to someone??

Can anyone please tell me the cost of the 12 for price of 10 package?

does it include foo drinks/frozen drinks??

also....cost of soda package to purchase on board? does it include water?

what do you get with it? is it "splitable">

I am on the 4 night cruise so any guesses what these packages would cost?

thanks

I dont know how much for 4 nights...there are beer packages and wine packages and all you can drink packages. I called MSC and asked about it, and they sent me a form with all the prices (but that was for the 7 nights).

From what I understand they are like vouchers for drinks...

Yes you can share the books of vouchers. It's ages since I've cruised in the US, so don't know the prices in dollars. They have a water one, soft drinks, beer (small or large)', cocktails, vitamin drinks (smoothies, fruit juices, non alcoholic cocktails). Think you can also get them for ice cream (the gelato) too.

Thanks...that is good that you can share...

one thing that looks good about MSC is the drink prices!

Really reasonable and these "voucher" deals would make it even better

can you buy these vouchers on board??? thanks

(and does anyone have any guesstimate about us prices? thanks)

Yes, you can. They have cocktails packages which you can buy at any bar on board.myou pay for 10 and get a book of vouchers for 12. If you like your spirits without mixers, this would not be worthwhile for you.

The official policy is that you are not allowed to bring any beverages onboard. That said they are not very diligent at enforcing it.

But MSC has such reasonable packages that there is less reason to smuggle it on board yourself.

Thanks...that is good that you can share...

one thing that looks good about MSC is the drink prices!

Really reasonable and these "voucher" deals would make it even better

can you buy these vouchers on board??? thanks

(and does anyone have any guesstimate about us prices? thanks)

Yes onboard at any bar and throughout the cruise. They also have daily cocktail and liquer coffee specials daily, so watch out for these in the Daily Programme. There may be other specials too.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes you can share the books of vouchers. It's ages since I've cruised in the US, so don't know the prices in dollars. They have a water one, soft drinks, beer (small or large)', cocktails, vitamin drinks (smoothies, fruit juices, non alcoholic cocktails). Think you can also get them for ice cream (the gelato) too.

Do you know the prices for books of vouchers for the European cruises? I'm most interested in the cocktails and what you call the vitamin drinks.

Also, I think someone recently posted about not being able to buy wine by the glass in the dining room any longer. I can't remember though if you're the one who said it or not. I'm traveling alone so a bottle of wine will last me 2 - 3 meals. Will they bring it back to the table each night for me? What about at lunch? Since I suspect lunch is open seating, it would be a real pain for them to find a bottle stored. Can you get just a glass then?

Do you know the prices for books of vouchers for the European cruises? I'm most interested in the cocktails and what you call the vitamin drinks.

Also, I think someone recently posted about not being able to buy wine by the glass in the dining room any longer. I can't remember though if you're the one who said it or not. I'm traveling alone so a bottle of wine will last me 2 - 3 meals. Will they bring it back to the table each night for me? What about at lunch? Since I suspect lunch is open seating, it would be a real pain for them to find a bottle stored. Can you get just a glass then?

Yes it was me who posted that on the Orchestra in October it was not possible to get a glass of wine by the glass at lunch (although you still could elsewhere). No idea whether this is general policy now or just the ship doing it's own thing!

Didn't get drinks packages this latest time because cruise wasn't long enough. Last year I think it was 69 euros for the

cocktail one and round 35 for the vitamin one. Don't remember if that was before or after the 15% service charge. You basically get 2 drinks free on every package (as long as you use all the vouchers that is)

You definitely can have a bottle of wine over several nights at dinner, I do it on every trip. Never tried it at lunch but

don't think it would work as it's open seating. I make do with water or a beer then.

Archived