April 25, 2004 DAWN Sailing

Calliope

Just wondering if anyone is sailing on the NORWEGIAN DAWN from New York on Sunday April 25? If so, has NCL even hinted at all of the days special events and expected crowds?

There will be three big ships in that day and sailing that evening. Besides the DAWN the two Cunarders R.M.S. QUEEN MARY 2 and QUEEN ELIZABETH 2 are in and scheduled to be feted by a huge fireworks display when they both sail for Southampton that evening!

It would be real neat if NCL holds up the DAWN to sail later on in the evening, so her passengers can enjoy the fireworks, and watching the two last Transatlantic liners leave together!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"When we presently got under way and went poking down the broad Ohio, I became a new being and the subject of my own admiration. I was a traveler!"
Mark Twain

I haven't heard anything about NCL delaying sailing so that we can watch the Queens leave. I wouldn't expect them to do so. I think the Dawn's schedule is so tight that they couldn't make up time if we left NYC late. There are probably more people who would be upset at getting to the first port late compared to those, like us, who would love to see the start of the historic Cunard sailings.

We'll just enjoy the sight of the ships in port. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (But I am concerned that crowds of onlookers at the pier, the press, and tighter-than-usual security could make boarding more of a hassle than usual.)

There is a huge group of 50+ people on the NCL Roll Call Chat for that cruise. You should hook up with them.

[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&s=927093444&a=tpc&m=6933064957&f=5023051067"]Dawn 4-25 Roll Call[/url]

Archived