One night Pre-cruise Venice

Murphey

The closest place to stay is near Piazzle Roma. You can search on Venere or trip Advisor for hotels near there then check reviews. We have always stayed at Hotel Dalla Mora which is two small bridges from P. Roma. It is a 1 star clean pensione owned by two brothers. We always book our hotels directly with the hotel.

You can take the Airport Express bus from the airport to P. Roma for 5 euros PP. When going to the ship you can just take the people mover or a taxi. If you want some good exercise you can also just walk.

Recommend Hotel Locanda Salieri near Piazzale de Roma in a quiet area with an excellent in house restaurant, plus other eateries near by .

5 minutes walk over only 2 bridges to Piazzale de Roma or over only 2 bridges to Venezia St.Lucia station .

If your cruise departs/arrives from the Main Cruise Terminal then take the People Mover or a road taxi from Piazzale de Roma to the first stop.

If your cruise departs/arrives from the San Basilio piers then take Vaporetto

# 61 from Piazzale de Roma and alight at the San Basilio stop , and # 62 Vaporetto from the San Basilio stop to get to Piazzale de Roma .

• 1 month later...

Not sure why this thread was resurrected again, but this is a good site for hotels near the Piazzale Roma, which is closest area to the pier. 2 or 3 of the hotels don't require any bridge crossings. Verify if you need an elevator.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-cruise-terminal-hotels-piazzale-roma.htm

I stayed at the Dalla Mora in 2 different rooms at various points during our vacation last yr; it was a little too bare bones for the money IMHO. And having a shower stall in the middle of the room is pretty bizarre, not to mention awkward depending on who your travel companion is.

All the above is great. I had at one time a great website about Venice in general in Favorites. Altas it's not there. Any suggestions appreicated. It offered info like Tripadvisor, but specific to Venice. Any idea appreciated. WAVTAM

Can anyone give us a few suggestions of where they have stayed that is convenient to the port......I'm assuming the ship (Princess) leaves from the Marittime port. Thanks, as always.

Have sailed from Venice twice and stayed at the amazing Locanda Orseolo both times. (it feels like home) The Staff is amazing and you are welcomed and made to fee part of the family right away!

Whereever you stay , ejoy Venice, it is an unbelievable City!

• 1 month later...

I've stayed at Violino d'Oro which is just a few blocks from St Marks. We did that based on how we wanted to spend our full day in Venice. It is right behind the Bauer (which sits on the Grand Canal) on a small piazza (San Moise). Perfect location for seeing St Marks and the Rialto Bridge. Getting around with your luggage isn't that easy but we took a water taxi as there were 5 of us.

For my upcoming cruise in November we are staying at the Hotel Arlecchino (good reviews found on this website and tripadvisor) which is just one bridge away from P.Roma. We did this based on having one full day in Venice so we will either walk or take the vaparetto to St Marks. It will be much easier to get our luggage to the ship (and more cost effective).

Venice is an amazing place....

We stayed at Ca Doge right in Piazzale Roma. The only draw back about this hotel is no elevator, but they transported our luggage to the room and back downstairs when we left 3 days later. It was wonderful being in the center of the activity. Piazzale Roma is the transportation hub of Venice. It's the end of the line for vehicles (taxis, buses, etc.), the Vaporetto office and stop are there, there is the CO-OP stores (3 stores I think), some shopping right along the canal, the bus to the airport, an information kiosk right outside the door of the Ca Doge. We purchased a 72 hour vaporetto pass and rode them all around, even to the outer island of Lido and Murano. The Lagoon was too rough for the ride to Burano (so we missed that one). And now I understand the peoplemover is right behind the Ca Doge (it wasn't there in 2008). Lido is more of a Summer Resort (it's where the locals go to the beach in the Summer) and I think it takes 20-30 minutes to get to San Marco. In October there wasn't much open.

There was another hotel across the piazzale called the Hotel Santa Chiara. If I were to return to Venice, I'd like to try that one. It's pink and sits right on the Grand Canal. Really looked lovely.

We stayed at Ca Doge right in Piazzale Roma. The only draw back about this hotel is no elevator, but they transported our luggage to the room and back downstairs when we left 3 days later. It was wonderful being in the center of the activity. Piazzale Roma is the transportation hub of Venice. It's the end of the line for vehicles (taxis, buses, etc.), the Vaporetto office and stop are there, there is the CO-OP stores (3 stores I think), some shopping right along the canal, the bus to the airport, an information kiosk right outside the door of the Ca Doge. We purchased a 72 hour vaporetto pass and rode them all around, even to the outer island of Lido and Murano. The Lagoon was too rough for the ride to Burano (so we missed that one). And now I understand the peoplemover is right behind the Ca Doge (it wasn't there in 2008). Lido is more of a Summer Resort (it's where the locals go to the beach in the Summer) and I think it takes 20-30 minutes to get to San Marco. In October there wasn't much open.

There was another hotel across the piazzale called the Hotel Santa Chiara. If I were to return to Venice, I'd like to try that one. It's pink and sits right on the Grand Canal. Really looked lovely.

We actually booked Ca Doge about a month ago. And thanks for all the information. It looked the easiest to find!! :)

We actually booked Ca Doge about a month ago. And thanks for all the information. It looked the easiest to find!! :)

You will have a great time. Be sure to look for the parrots in the lobby of the hotel. They were very talkative and very friendly!

• 2 weeks later...
Have sailed from Venice twice and stayed at the amazing Locanda Orseolo both times. (it feels like home) The Staff is amazing and you are welcomed and made to fee part of the family right away!

Whereever you stay , ejoy Venice, it is an unbelievable City!

How hard is it to get to this hotel from the airport? First time in Venice, and don't want to make the mistake of staying somewhere where we have to drag luggage across town.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
How hard is it to get to this hotel from the airport? First time in Venice, and don't want to make the mistake of staying somewhere where we have to drag luggage across town.

Thanks.

It's very easy. You can opt for a water taxi from the airport directly to the Hotel (they have a water taxi"window" you enter from) Or you can take the water bus to Piazza San Marco and walk a few minutes to the Hotel.

A water taxi is a wonderful way to start your trip!

We have stayed in Hotel Olimpia - very sweet hotel - breakfast is usually included and they beautiful garden with tables out back - 5 mins taxi from cruise terminal and 1 minute walk from Piazzale Roma and one small bridge crossing. We are there this June and it is costing us $260 cdn per night ($198E).

Archived