Oasis Cabin Selection help

kilili

Hi all,

We are about to book an Oasis cruise for May 2013. It will be my husband and I and our two kids (10 and 8 at the time of travel). We intend to share a cabin. Our options are interior (194 sf in deck 9), OV (~180 sf. in deck 3) and Boardwalk or Central Park View. Which would be best. I was intending OV, but not sure if deck three is good? Are the ones with central park or boardwalk view noisy at night? I imagine the ones with view are the lower ones, as the taller ones probably are the balcony ones. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Since you were initially thinking oceanview, why not go with that? Deck 2 or 3 is the normal place for ocean view cabins on most ships. They are very close to the water and are generally more quiet due to the fact that they are down low on the ship, away from most public places.

We sailed on Oasis in cabin 9651 which was very quiet, but don't think this cabin type can accomodate more than two passengers. We booked it for the cabin size, the location was great, but don't think we would book this category again. Most of the week we had to keep the drapes closed or the cabins directly across could see in. Take the ocean view on the lower deck!

We had a boardwalk view, 4th from the back and it was excellent. If you get close enough to the back, you can still have an ocean view. Also, you can watch the diving show from there as well as any movies playing. Cost is about $200 cheaper than OV balcony.

Archived