DRF - water on your head?

ebhs79

My son and I are signed up for the 'climb the Dunns River Falls' excursion. But, my son has an issue with getting water on his head. He has a perforated eardrum and has to keep that ear totally dry. He has an earplug and an earband, but if there is water really pouring down on his head, those won't work. If it's just minor splashing, then he's fine. Can someone let me know how 'wet' the climb will be?

Thanks!

There are opportunities to sit "under the falls" or sliding down a natural slide, but in general, those are optional. He should be perfectly fine. The only thing I'd worry about is him slipping off a rock and going under. Best bet is to hold on tight to his hand and he should be fine. Most areas you are either climing the rocks or wading in knee deep water.

Are you going with a ship excursion or on your own?

Others are correct, you will not get very wet unless you slip or because you choose to.

Keep in mind that the guide works only on tips so his agenda is to get you up the falls as fast as possible so he can get to the next group.

The guides are good to have because they can carry your electronics without fear of getting them wet because they are that good!! And they will take pictures for you with your camera.

If we go back, we will not use a guide and make our way up the falls on our own so we can relax and enjoy the falls at our leisure. We were so rushed last time, I felt my heart pounding in my head, but I was in bad shape then.

You need to know that the water is from a spring and is cold, we had one member get out at the half way point.

Archived