Cane Garden Bay

imsulin

I know that HAL is no longer offering this excursion, but can anyone tell me if you can get there - or to a good local beach - on your own? I've been to the Baths several times, and just want to hang out at a nice beach for the day (with facilities and amenities). Any idea how long a taxi ride and what the cost might be? Thanks in advance!! (I've been to Tortola several times, but always to West End, Spanish Town, or Pusser's Landing. Gotta love Pusser's!!)

We were in Tortola last March. We caught a local tour that took us on highlights of Tortola, among them was Cane Garden Bay.

The tour cost us $20 for both, took over 3 hours and gave us some breathtaking photo ops!

As small as Tortola is, a direct taxi should take no time at all.

Enjoy your cruise!

We were there last November and also took an island tour for $20. that had a 45 minute stop at cane garden bay. It was overcast when we left and pouring by the time we got to the top of the mountains .. wow, what trip coming down to the beach! the rain water was rushing down the road and had rapids in the side gullys! It was still raining when we reached cane garden bay .. sadly, we did not go out on the beach, as we were informed a woman had passed away while out in a kayak and there were waiting for the authorities to arrive. She was a woman who was visiting from London and stayed in a local hotel quite frequently. We left without seeing the beach..we waiting in the cantina .. which looked like to might be charming on a sunny day! Leaving, we had to go back up a mountain and down to get back to the ship .. but it was only about a 10-15 minute drive .. I don't recall any private taxi's at the pier, but I'm sure they are around somewhere. I think there may have been one of the open air jeep taxi's that was waiting for people to fill the seats and they were being taken to cane garden.

Due to the weather, we didn't do any additional exploring..so can't comment on other beaches. Before the rains came, the views were beautiful. We'd like to visit again when the sun is shining!!

enjoy!

Peggy Sue

We were in Tortola in March and took a cab to Cane Garden Bay for the day. If laying out/walking/taking it easy at a nice beach is what you're after, it is beautiful!!! We just hopped in a cab right off the ship and paid $6 each way for the ride. Other people from the ship were on our cab too and we all arranged to have the cab driver pick us up at 3:30 to get back to the ship. I would say the ride out to Cane Garden Bay took 20-25 mins, but it was BEAUTIFUL! Like an excursion on its own, as you drive up and down the mountains on narrow roads and pop up to these fantastic views. Everyone was gasping at the beauty and taking pictures, and our cab driver slowed down in a few places for pictures.

Cane Garden Bay itself is beautiful and idyllic. You can rent lounge chairs there, there are a number of restaurants serving drinks and food all day, and the facilities are more than adequate (clean and good location). It was one of the highlights of our trip. We want to go back to Tortola!

Emily

Archived