Journey 8/20/12 Itinerary Question for Bill

ruthnlarry

We are currently booked for an Azamara cruise on Journey for 12 nights, Lisbon to Monte Carlo, departing on August 20, 2012.

According to Azamara's website, we are scheduled to arrive in Seville, Spain and dock at 04:00 PM on Tuesday, August 21, 2012. The website says that we are scheduled to depart at 11:00AM on Thursday, August 23, 2012. However, Azamara's new Destination Guide that we just received shows us departing at 10:30PM on Thursday, August 23, 2012.

Bill, would you please try to find out which departure time is correct? I called LeClub, but the representative wasn't aware of any discrepancy, and wasn't able to help me. All she knew was the departure time indicated on her computer. I was hoping that you could provide a more definitive answer after recalling your research on a Seville itinerary problem posted earlier on CC.

Thank you in advance. We have thoroughly enjoyed our previous cruises with Azamara, especially our last 2 on Quest in 2011 with Capt. Carl.

We are currently booked for an Azamara cruise on Journey for 12 nights, Lisbon to Monte Carlo, departing on August 20, 2012.

According to Azamara's website, we are scheduled to arrive in Seville, Spain and dock at 04:00 PM on Tuesday, August 21, 2012. The website says that we are scheduled to depart at 11:00AM on Thursday, August 23, 2012. However, Azamara's new Destination Guide that we just received shows us departing at 10:30PM on Thursday, August 23, 2012.

Bill, would you please try to find out which departure time is correct? I called LeClub, but the representative wasn't aware of any discrepancy, and wasn't able to help me. All she knew was the departure time indicated on her computer. I was hoping that you could provide a more definitive answer after recalling your research on a Seville itinerary problem posted earlier on CC.

Thank you in advance. We have thoroughly enjoyed our previous cruises with Azamara, especially our last 2 on Quest in 2011 with Capt. Carl.

Hello ruthnlarry –

Thank you very much for bringing to our attention the discrepancy about the “Arrive” and “Depart” times for Seville shown on our website when compared to those printed in our new 2012 Destination Guide (North America):

The correct times are those shown in the new brochure:

Tuesday/Aug 21, 2012: Arrive > Brochure @ 9:15 PM [Not the Website @ 4:00 PM]

Thursday/Aug 23, 2012: Depart > Brochure @ 10:30 PM [Not the Website @11:00 AM]

Also, it is important to remember that these times are subject to change based on the river’s tide; river’s ship traffic and passage through the lock as well as input from the pilot and the harbor master. These times cannot be guaranteed until much closer in to sailing operation.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks Bill for answering my question about the arrival and departure times in Seville during our upcoming cruise.

Screwcork, I'm pretty sure that we are docking in Seville and not Cadiz. As I recall, this was an issue discussed several months ago for a different cruise. Azamara ships are cruising up the river and starting to use the facilities in Seville. Perhaps, Bill and elaborate.

Archived