Gem 10/30/11 review-Bermuda(Very Long-I'm a Writer)

DrFootball

Hey Dr.Football!!!! Very Nice Review!!!! It Was Great To Meet You, And Others, At The Meet & Mingle!!!!!

Wishing You &, The Family, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!

Jay! the pleasure was ours as well!! hope we can do It again some time, and I hope you(and Joe & his Wife as well) didn't make too much of a

"donation" at the tables or machines.

Bill(DrFootball)

"I wanted a Mission, any Mission. And for my sins, they gave me one"

Martin Sheen as Capt. Ben Willard in Apocalypse Now

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.95 final beta for Mac

Thank you for taking me on your journey Dr. Football. What a wonderful review. As you know, we loved the Gem.

We will be returning to the Dawn in August. This will be a trip back to Bermuda from my homeport, Boston.

I hope we will be on the same cruise someday. Best wishes to you and your wife.

Thanks JIM, we do as well(hope to cruise with you and yours)!

You must do three things next year in Bermuda if you never have.

a) Go to the Aquarium & Zoo! I wish we'd have had more time to "walk around" but my Back makes things "unpredictable" at times.

b) If you do not care about the price of a lunch In St. Georges, do the white horse pub, it's next to the water and the "atmosphere" is fantastic!

c) Do a Private Tour with a Guide. It's expensive, but well worth it if you book in advance(check out the Bermuda Boards here!) Both of ours were great, and our private guide is helping me track down some writings from WWII when the U.S. Navy/Marines were billeted on Bermuda....

This was my 6th and DW's 5th, and our third together, but our first NCL, and we are hooked! But we're slightly disappointed that NCL doesn't have that much going on on the west coast(which we'll be living closer to after next fall) outside of Alaska. We do want Alaska at least once,..but we have a few others on "the List",...She wants the Med(and if the "world Situation" ever calms down enough, i'll have to give in since "she is to be obeyed" ;-)

and we both want HAwai'i on the POA & I do want to do the Canal(have not been to Cent. AM/S.Am since serving...) as well as the Rare "s. Caribe" sailing...

Bill(DrFootball)(still have Rum Cake at Home, even after bringing some to Columbia's Final Home game-a 35-28 2xOT win, which sadly was not enough to save the coach's job...)

"You Know, I joined the Army for the same reason you Did, That's to kick A$$ just like in the old war movies. You Know, Be a Hero. That's what i'm looking for in You. A First class All-American hero with his heart and brain wired together cooking full tilt boogie for freedom and justice"- Tommy Lee Jones(as Master Chief Warrant Officer Brad"Rattler" Little)to Nicholas Cage(as Chief Warrant Officer Jake"Stinger" Preston in the movie FIREBIRDS-1991...

Thanks JIM, we do as well(hope to cruise with you and yours)!

You must do three things next year in Bermuda if you never have.

a) Go to the Aquarium & Zoo! I wish we'd have had more time to "walk around" but my Back makes things "unpredictable" at times.

b) If you do not care about the price of a lunch In St. Georges, do the white horse pub, it's next to the water and the "atmosphere" is fantastic!

c) Do a Private Tour with a Guide. It's expensive, but well worth it if you book in advance(check out the Bermuda Boards here!) Both of ours were great, and our private guide is helping me track down some writings from WWII when the U.S. Navy/Marines were billeted on Bermuda....

This was my 6th and DW's 5th, and our third together, but our first NCL, and we are hooked! But we're slightly disappointed that NCL doesn't have that much going on on the west coast(which we'll be living closer to after next fall) outside of Alaska. We do want Alaska at least once,..but we have a few others on "the List",...She wants the Med(and if the "world Situation" ever calms down enough, i'll have to give in since "she is to be obeyed" ;-)

and we both want HAwai'i on the POA & I do want to do the Canal(have not been to Cent. AM/S.Am since serving...) as well as the Rare "s. Caribe" sailing...

Bill(DrFootball)(still have Rum Cake at Home, even after bringing some to Columbia's Final Home game-a 35-28 2xOT win, which sadly was not enough to save the coach's job...)

"You Know, I joined the Army for the same reason you Did, That's to kick A$$ just like in the old war movies. You Know, Be a Hero. That's what i'm looking for in You. A First class All-American hero with his heart and brain wired together cooking full tilt boogie for freedom and justice"- Tommy Lee Jones(as Master Chief Warrant Officer Brad"Rattler" Little)to Nicholas Cage(as Chief Warrant Officer Jake"Stinger" Preston in the movie FIREBIRDS-1991...

Thanks for some more ideas for Bermuda. We never ate at the White Horse that I can remember. When we went on the NCL Majesty (2 times) she docked in St. George.

I think that we may have been the the Aquarium in either 2004 or 2005 I will need to check this out to be sure.

This will be NCL number 10 for us and our 7th to Bermuda. We did go on the Pearl to Alaska and she is a sister ship to the Gem. You will love that cruise I think!

We also have the POAm in Hawaii on our list. Our son will head to college in the Fall of 2013 so we may be heading into cruise retirement for a bit. I am going to stay in denial for a bit longer on that though.

:)Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Great review.

It fills me with memories of Bermuda that we love so much.

Also of last Thanksgiving that we spent in Dothan with my niece and her hubby who is a AH64 flight instructor at mother Rucker.

Thanks for the Kind words! ahhh, "the Mother:...."

The 64 and The 47 are the only 2 I never qualified in.(3300+ in the UH/MH 60's) Flown in 47's many times as a Pax and jumped "off the tail deck" prob. 9 or 10 times to keep the other set of "wings"

I became Very Good friends with one of my instructors(who is now ret. and living in WA near Ft. Lewis). We are going to restore an Old UH-1 and an Even Older C-47 from WWII and fly tours over the grand canyon. We'll be relocating from the east coast in a few months.

Bill(DrFootball)

"Hooah! it's an Army Thing"

Archived