Can anyone help? I want to go to Southern Caribbean......??

fun!melis

I have cruised the caribbean before but would love to see Barbados or Aruba.......

always cruised Carnival but for this dont mind another choice.

I live in NC and it will be my husband and I....No kids and would like it for 2013

Any help?

PLEASE and THANK YOU;)

I have cruised the caribbean before but would love to see Barbados or Aruba.......

I live in NC and it will be my husband and I....No kids and would like it for 2013

Any help?

PLEASE and THANK YOU;)

Hi,

Southern Caribbean itineraries are my favorite. I have done Southern routes on Celebrity Summit, and Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas, and have enjoyed all of these cruises. Usually Aruba and Barbados are not offered during the same trip on a 7 day cruise, but sometimes you can see both islands by taking a 14 day back-to-back cruise. My next cruise on Celebrity Summit has stops in St. Thomas, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados with one day at sea. My cruise several years ago on Adventure of the Seas had stops in Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas, and St. Martin with two days at Sea. For me, I enjoy Barbados more than Aruba, but everybody is different. I believe that all of the major cruiselines (RCCL. Celebrity, Princess,Carnival, and HAL) offer Southern Caribbean itineraries. I highly recommend RCCL and Celebrity.

Mary

My favorite Carib itinerary too - I don't seen any specific questions, what is it you are looking for fun!melis? What are your interests? Do you like being very active (hiking or diving) or spending time seeing the island or enjoying a beach? Do you enjoy trying different restaurants or beach bars on the island or are you more likely to just eat on the ship to save money?

The Carnival Victory sails year-round in the Southern Caribbean with Barbados on the itinerary and only one sea day. I'm thinking about doing that one again, because I like all the ports. Because it sails year-round, you have more flexibility with dates.

Royal Caribbean is pulling out of San Juan for summer of 2012, so they won't be in Aruba next summer. I like the fact that they went to Curacao.

I'll be on the Summit next Nov, I hope. That ship repositions in the summer and returns to the Caribbean in Nov.

I considered the Caribbean Princess, but they don't give you full days in ports for some of the islands.

You'll have an absolutely fabulous time!

We took Carnival Victory, out of San Juan, the first week in October, this year. Fantastic! Only one sea day. We did guided tours on each island, not booked through CCL. Much better value and away from the tourist traps. Each island is so beautiful and yet so different. And, we spent 2 days in Old San Juan on the back end. Old San Juan is incredibly beautiful, completely clean and safe, and very walkable. One great vacation!

We took Carnival Victory, out of San Juan, the first week in October, this year. Fantastic! Only one sea day. We did guided tours on each island, not booked through CCL. Much better value and away from the tourist traps. Each island is so beautiful and yet so different. And, we spent 2 days in Old San Juan on the back end. Old San Juan is incredibly beautiful, completely clean and safe, and very walkable. One great vacation!

I'm doing this cruise next October. Did you book your tours prior to or while on the island? And what types of tours did you do? Can you send me some information? My email address is miss_mattax@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I am going Dec 2012. Where did you stay in OSJ? Did you just wait till you got on the island and get a guide? I know i want to do the train in ST kitts other than that do you have any suggestions. How was Victory's food. I have always preferred Carnivals food over others. I have a aft room, cant wait. What do you think the overall shape of the ship is? Thanks

We are doing Carnival Victory for Thanksgiving 2012. I love the itinerary, 7 day cruise with 6 ports (including San Juan) and we in port all day, 8-5 or 8-6.

The intinerary: San Juan, Sea Day, Barbados, St. Lucia (lookig forward to the Pitons), St. Kitts, St. Maarten.

We enjoy full port days rather than sea days, don't like having 2 sea days in a row! :eek:

Any help?

PLEASE and THANK YOU;)

Well since your asking and if its 2013 I would suggest spring 2013 on the Adventure of the Seas. We have sailed out of San Juan 4 times just booked number 5 , have done the AOS twice Celebrity and Victory both once . The AOS wins hands down. We love Carnival ,so it has nothing to do with that , but we just got back from the Victory , not a huge fan of that ship. As you see we have the AOS booked for April 7th 2013 its a great time to cruise great weather have sailed that time of year before , also RCI has the the Brillance I believe going out , once again not a big fan of that class of ship as compared to the AOS but very similar Itinerary , and i would do Barbados over Aruba and do a catamaran/ snorkeling tour there are several my suggesestion would be Calabaza its a wonderful day , but there are others.

I would also suggest if you can swing it come a couple of days early stay in Old San Juan and explore it . Its well worth it and like another port . But remember the AOS sail from the port onthe other side of the bay , Its like a 10 minute taxi ride and the Victory sails right from the OSJ port , so if you stay in lets say the Sheratton you can walk to the ship which we did last cruise which was kind of cool .

Good luck and happy sailing :)

Archived