Salon Costs

blackpool belle

The hairdryers are fine for me - but a couple of cruises back we met a hairdresser who didn't think they were adequate.

The hairdryers are like the ones you get in most hotel rooms.

Salon prices are middle range high street - ie a lot cheaper than Kensinton, a bit more than the local village establishment.

The hairdryers are in the bathroom which is a bit of a pain I find, and they are not overly powerful, fine if you have short hair and not very thick! Next time we go on the Balmoral I will take my own.

Salon prices are ok - bit more than I would pay at home but not so horrendous that you would throw your hands up in horror!

Last March, a cut and blow dry on the Balmoral cost me £20. I have shortish layered collar length hair. Maybe long hair would cost a tad more.

I always take my own hairdryer which is much more powerful than the any of the ones onboard which vary from fair........to pathetic!

progress.gif

A shampoo, cut and blow dry for short hair is priced at £35 in our on board Atlantis Salon and for long hair £40. A full price list of all our treatments and services can be found by following the attached link http://brochures.fredolsencruises.com/?userpath=00000508/00013407/00063466/

I hope this helps.

Regards FOCL

A shampoo, cut and blow dry for short hair is priced at £35 in our on board Atlantis Salon and for long hair £40. A full price list of all our treatments and services can be found by following the attached link http://brochures.fredolsencruises.com/?userpath=00000508/00013407/00063466/

I hope this helps.

Regards FOCL

Oh dear FOCL! I think you'd better look at your own link http://brochures.fredolsencruises.co...3407/00063466/ because on page 5 it quite clearly states that the cost of a shampoo cut and blow dry is £20 (which is what I paid in March 2011) for short hair and £25 for long hair.

Not sure from where FOCL got the price of £35, unless you intend to whack another £15 on the existing price!

Hi Shevlen

That link shows that cost of shampoo and blow dry is £20, cost of shampoo, CUT and blow dry is £35. So Fred is right this time.

Alan

Oops! Yes you're quite right, Alan. Apologies to Fred. So they have already whacked £15 on top of the £20 I paid in March. And yes, I did have shampoo, CUT and blow dry.

Jolly glad that I have just been to hairdresser at home for a cut - and have just this morning done some colouring prior to the cruise leaving on 26th Nov. Those prices do seem rather expensive. Will know not to make use of the spa this time - although I did enjoy some nice treatments on Balmoral a couple of years ago. The Thai massage from Lala was wonderful and sorted out some problem areas for me.

Archived