Is cranberry or cranapple juice available on Zuiderdam?

VaCruzers

Not a critical issue, but having just spent a vacation week where only orange juice was available at the breakfast location, I am wondering if I will be able to get cranapple or cranberry juice at breakfast in the dining room or Lido? Citrus juices sometimes do not agree with me so I am just wondering. Would juice be available other than at breakfast? Thanks for any input.

I've never noticed cranapple but know they have a wide variety of juices in Lido including cranberry and apple. For those who want their 'fiber' with their apple, eat the fruit ;) ....way better for you!! :)

Not sure if the sweet tea question is directed to me since Candy brought it up, but having been born & raised in GA & still living in the South (in VA south of Fredericksburg - Fredericksburg & north are NOT the South), I feel qualified to comment. Anyway, this was my thread to start.....

Sweet tea is NOT iced tea with sugar added. Sweet tea is brewed tea sweetened with sugar before being poured over ice. These two previously mentioned items are not the same thing. Now, there are some who may attempt to sweeten iced tea, but the chemical properties combined with temperature issues prevent this from successfully resulting in Southern Sweet Tea. (The sugar won't dissolve).

Not sure if the sweet tea question is directed to me since Candy brought it up, but having been born & raised in GA & still living in the South (in VA south of Fredericksburg - Fredericksburg & north are NOT the South), I feel qualified to comment. Anyway, this was my thread to start.....

Sweet tea is NOT iced tea with sugar added. Sweet tea is brewed tea sweetened with sugar before being poured over ice. These two previously mentioned items are not the same thing. Now, there are some who may attempt to sweeten iced tea, but the chemical properties combined with temperature issues prevent this from successfully resulting in Southern Sweet Tea. (The sugar won't dissolve).

YOU ARE SO CORRECT - it is not ice tea with sugar poured on top! Funny story -> We had friends come "south" from "way up north" once and the gentleman was automatically served "sweet tea" in a restaurant. I thought he was going to choke to death on his first sip. He never heard of such a thing! Waitress was kind enough to bring him "regular" ice tea. We still laugh about it!

I'm a transplanted Chicagoan living outside of Savannah, and am frustrated when I have to add 4 sugars to my tea, then drink through a straw 'cause it all settles to the bottom.

Candy <-- am not allowed to tell anyone I put sugar on my grits, either

Speaking of grits, do they have them on HAL? Or maybe oatmeal? I agree about the sweet tea; just hate having to ADD sugar.

Thx! - Scrumpy

Candy <-- am not allowed to tell anyone I put sugar on my grits, either

Speaking of grits, do they have them on HAL? Or maybe oatmeal? I agree about the sweet tea; just hate having to ADD sugar.

Thx! - Scrumpy

They have both, grits & hot oatmeal. DW usually has the hot oatmeal most mornings. Can customize it your way--add cinnamon, raisins, nuts, brown sugar, etc.... As for grits, she usually tries them once, but rarely has them a second time on the same cruise....Says no way you can doctor up bad grits....

Happy cruising.....

Archived