Help...docking times

txcdn1

My sister wants to get married in Key West on the beach. We are cruising on Rhapsody of the Seas 9/25/05. Our itinerary says we dock in Key West @ 3:00pm...is this central (Galveston) time or eastern (Florida time). Any other suggestions or tips re beach weddings in Key West would be appreciated. Thanks, Jill

Key West is usally on Eastern Time.

And a word of advice. Check with the cruise line about whether passengers will need to clear immigrtation in Key West. It depends on your ship's itinerary, but it could add up to an hour to the process of leaving the ship once you dock.

Key West is Eastern time (I live in FL) I was thinking of having my wedding in Key West but instead we are doing in on the ship. I can't worry about a change of itinerary or rain on that day. Plus, we are only in Key West from 7am - 2pm.

Good luck with your planning!

I am with Stephp6 - go for the wedding onboard. That's what we did on Feb 7th onboard the Jewel. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception for our 56 :eek: sailing guests. Once we realized that we would have to arrange for transportation for 50+ guests, we decided to forgoe the hassle to getting everyone to and fro and had the wedding onboard. It turned out great. Since we were in port, we had almost the whole ship to ourselves.

We were also told we could have a limited number of non-sailing guests board at Key West just for the wedding. But that will be depend on the sailing and on current security regulations.

In any case, here are some photos of our wedding that I hope will show you how lovely things can be if you opt for a wedding onboard. The ceremony and reception were in the Safari Lounge. We were delighted with everything -- especially the onbaord service and the photographer.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=oy4pb0z.6i8y4ahv&x=1&y=vc44uy

Archived