"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas / Nov 10, 2011

Radio

Hello everyone. . . Yes, I will be sorry to say that we will be docked in just 10 hours from now. We still have about 170nm to go until we reach Cape Liberty.

We had our final dinner, and I was able to watch some of the Farewell Parade on Deck 5 after dinner. Many of the Cruise Critic Roll Call members and I are having our “Nightly” Meeting as we sit up in the 19th Hole on Deck 14. . .

We really just talk about things that have gone on during the day. It seems that all of us have future Cruise plans, and some have many cruises lined up for 2012.

I am happy to have been around so many very friendly CC members this week. . . We have had a great time, and there have been many laughs that we have shared.

I would love to take the same cruise again. . .Hmmm. . Maybe I could stow away for next week. . .

Here are some pics from today. . .More pics tomorrow.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

We ending up having a lot of sun late this afternoon. . .

U11.JPG

The Seas were very smooth as we came up the East Coast

U12.JPG

A view of the 19th Hole Outdoor area (Deck 14)

U9.JPG

I make it up to the Viking Crown Lounge, for our nightly meeting. . .

U18.JPG

The Farewell Parade on Royale Promenade

U14.JPG

Our Current Location

MAP1119PM.JPG

Thanks Radio for the live feed. I've really enjoyed cruising with you, all the photo's, all the comments , and all the information. Happy Thanksgiving to you, and to everyone on this board. Radio, you are truly a self-less man, and your contribution has been most appreciated.

Let us know where your travels will take you next!;)

Is there any where a couple can go for some private time on Labadee

Um, it really depends on how private you want to be. If you are cruising in a suite and can have access to the private section (Barefoot Beach), you can try to reserve one of the more secluded cabanas. Otherwise the most privacy you will get is maybe renting one of those beach shade things. I don't recall how much they are though. Oh, you can always look at some of the excursions that involve going to a different beach area altogether. I have never done one of these. Maybe someone else on CC has and can give any opinions.

I was at Labadee in 2007 I don't remember a Artisan Market only the Artisan Village. Is the Market new since I was there? I didn't like the Village too much.

I love your live reviews please keep them coming!

The Artisan Market has always been there (at least since our first trip to Labadee in 2002). It's behind the Village and very easy to miss if you aren't aware that it's back there. You can access it by walking through the Village, or walking around it. We like it sooooo much better because it is fixed-price therefore not pushy at all. It has most of the same merchandise, but not as wide a selection.

Hello everyone. . . Yes, I will be sorry to say that we will be docked in just 10 hours from now. We still have about 170nm to go until we reach Cape Liberty.

We had our final dinner, and I was able to watch some of the Farewell Parade on Deck 5 after dinner. Many of the Cruise Critic Roll Call members and I are having our “Nightly” Meeting as we sit up in the 19th Hole on Deck 14. . .

We really just talk about things that have gone on during the day. It seems that all of us have future Cruise plans, and some have many cruises lined up for 2012.

I am happy to have been around so many very friendly CC members this week. . . We have had a great time, and there have been many laughs that we have shared.

I would love to take the same cruise again. . .Hmmm. . Maybe I could stow away for next week. . .

Here are some pics from today. . .More pics tomorrow.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

>>

A view of the 19th Hole Outdoor area (Deck 14)

U9.JPG

>>

Is there still the Ping Pong Table right outside 19th Hole? it looks totally different now..? I dont recall the nice little bistro tables/chairs there before....?

Good morning everyone. . . .It appears that currently I am unable to post any pics now from the ship ($&@?$&)

We arrived to the pier by about 7AM, but the Debarkation process that was to start at 730 was an hour late. . . Hmm?

I think it may have to do with a US Coast Guard inspection. I should be off by 11:30 or so. . .

I have pics from our arrival into Cape Liberty that will be posted as I return home today. I will miss many friends that I have spent the last 10 night with on Explorer and it makes me a little sad to see them go. . .

I really love to post "LIVE" on cruises and it is very nice to read many of the friendly and encouraging comments. . .

It will take me about 3-4 hours to drive home today, but first I must make a quick stop at the Starbucks in Bayonne ;). A man has to have his priorities, right? ;)

Thanks for tuning in!

Radio

;);)

I enjoyed your virtual cruise Radio. 46 days until I board, can't wait to see the Daily Compasses when you get home!

Where did you get the Disney Countdown Clock graphic?

We are on the Magic 6/15-6/17 out of NYC.

Now back to Radio.

We'll be checking his add'l photos.

Welcome home, Radio!

Thank you again for a great cruise. I've been trying to convince DH that a cruise from up here would be a great idea -- your picture of the library may have convinced him! The only time he reads for fun is on a cruise and loves a good ship's library.

I'll be looking forward to your next "Live from" post!

I was on the Explorer for this cruise. When we got off the ship in St. Thomas we saw a Medical Examiners truck next to the gangway. Do you have any information regarding the circumstances for the need of the M.E.

Archived