Breakfast hours options?

catmommy

Hi Folks!

DH and I are on the 5/28 Zenith to Bermuda.

Reading the Celebrity website I am confused about breakfast dining hours.

I don't like eating breakfast, or any meal really, at a buffet. I would rather have a sit down, served, meal.

Looking at the x webite they give both a late seating and and early, main, seating time for breakfast. DH and I have late dinner seating but we would prefer to eat an early breakfast and hit the beaches early.

If I want to do this is my only option the breakfast buffet or room service? Or changing our whole dining time to main seating?

On my last cruise with traditional dining on NCL there were fixed times for dinner but at breakfast, and lunch, you just showed up at the dining room any time during listed breakfast or lunch hours. If I recall correctly, it was a few years ago.

Can anyone clue me in?

Can I eat the way I would rather without having to eat in the buffet?

(I've also done a seach but my keywords didn't seem to get me what I needed.)

Calm seas,

Caroline

The dining room is open seating for both breakfast and lunch. This is a sit down ordered breakfast. Depending on the ship I think the time is usually something like 8 to 9:30 AM for breakfast. Lunch was noon to 1 or 1:30 PM.

The other option is the buffet route or ordering in your room for breakfast. The problem with ordering in your room is that the menu is usually limited.

Hope this helps.

Breakfast on our Horizon cruise last week was available in the formal dining room between 7:30am-9:30am. It was an open seating system where you are not sent to your normally assigned table but to the tables that are made available at the time. This method was also used on our two previous Celebrity cruises (prior to that you sat at your assigned table for main or late seating times for breakfast if you wanted to eat in the formal dining room). The advantage there is that you get to sit in different areas of the dining room and you get to meet different people each time. It is a much more relaxing affair compared to the lines and the hustle/bustle of the breakfast buffet area.

This system is also used for lunch in the formal dining room. So in other words it is similar to what you said you experienced on NCL (main/late seating dinner, open seating lunch, open seating breakfast).

Archived