Advice on beaches in PV needed

mamatravels

I am looking for a beach in PV at the end of April for myself, husband and two boys, ages 5 and 7. I've done a lot of reading but am still confused about where to go. When we sailed to the Carribean last March we had great luck finding uncrowded, beautiful beaches with great food & drinks. I'd like to find the same in PV and I don't mind up to a 45 minute ride to get there.

It seems like we should head North to Destiladeras, El Anclote OR south to Las Animas or Caletas. My image is that I will be in a beach chair, with some shade, sipping a drink with my lunch on the way, watching my children splash in the calm surf. It won't be too crowded, either. Am I asking too much? :rolleyes:

Any thoughts from you experienced folks would be great.

Destiladeras is your best bet. Easy to get there via cab and really a lovely beach. Las Animas is nice, but involves taking a water taxi from Boca de Tomaltan (sp?). I love Las Caletas, but the only access is an organized Day Cruise tour. Los Muertos is the main downtown beach...full of vendors and numerous restaurants, but quite crowded and not a calm place.

Is there any particular beach in Destiladeras that you would recommend?

And, aside from the water taxi ride, what are the other draw backs to Las Animas for what we are looking for? I was thinking the boys might really like to ride in a water taxi and I've just read so many good things about Las Animas but someone else also told me that LAs Animas might not be what I am looking for but I didn't find out why. Any other thoughts? I'd really welcome them.

Hi- my husband is a big time fisherman- he lives and breaths fishing. If we were to go to one of these beaches- say Destiladeras, would it be possible for him to get some fishing in. Or any other of the beaches? He is going deep sea fishing in Mazatlan- or should we book one for him in PV also. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Archived