Question for Arubalisa - Arashi, Boca Catalina, Malmok, Eagle

Mrs Booboo

Arubalisa,

I've searched and found lots of various threads concerning these beaches and getting there, but none that cover this itinerary exactly. We would like to start at Arashi for a little beach time, then head to Boca Catalina and Malmok for some snorkeling, and then end our day at Eagle Beach.

Using the bus, how exactly would we accomplish this? I think we take the #10A bus up to Arashi, but then I'm not sure how to get to Boca Catalina and Malmok and then down to Eagle Beach. Do we need to take the bus to Boca and Malmok? Does the same #10A bus go from Malmok to Eagle?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Take the bus to the end which is Arashi. From Arashi it is about a 1/3 mile walk to Boca Catalina. Malmok "beach" is then about another 1/3 mile further south. Note, it is not much of a beach. When we were there in June, it was not much more than rocks.

I know people have been able to get the bus to stop at Boca Catalina, but I am not so sure about Malmok. You can easily take the bus from Boca Catalina to Eagle beach. It is the same #10 bus which will be heading back south from Arashi.

Arubalisa,

I've searched and found lots of various threads concerning these beaches and getting there, but none that cover this itinerary exactly. We would like to start at Arashi for a little beach time, then head to Boca Catalina and Malmok for some snorkeling, and then end our day at Eagle Beach.

Using the bus, how exactly would we accomplish this? I think we take the #10A bus up to Arashi, but then I'm not sure how to get to Boca Catalina and Malmok and then down to Eagle Beach. Do we need to take the bus to Boca and Malmok? Does the same #10A bus go from Malmok to Eagle?

Any help would be much appreciated!

It is really not practical to use buses to get between all these beaches. The bus out to Arishi, which also stops at Boca Catalina and Malmok, only runs once per hour. If you are healthy and like to walk it makes more sense to take the bus to Arishi and use your feet to get to Malmok and Boca Catalina. All of these beaches are within a 1/2 mile and the road is nice and flat. Personally, we like to do most of our snorkeling from Arashi. When you snorkel off that beach you enter the water on the far left side of the beach (this is the side closest to Boca Catalina) and you swim in the direction of Boca Catalina. If you are a pretty decent snorkeler (is that a word?) and are using decent fins you will actually be working on the same reef as you would if you had gone in the water at Boca. We have never been impressed with the snorkeling at Malmok. You would definitely want to use the bus to get to Eagle from these other beaches.

Hank

Thanks guys! Exactly what I was looking for! I just didn't know if the beaches were within walking distance of each other. Hank - am I reading your reply right that we have to go back out to the road to walk between? We can't get between by walking along the beach?

Thanks guys! Exactly what I was looking for! I just didn't know if the beaches were within walking distance of each other. Hank - am I reading your reply right that we have to go back out to the road to walk between? We can't get between by walking along the beach?

That is correct for part of the way. There are rocks and even some homes between Arashi and Boca. The road is right along the beaches so you can easily find your way... We have known others who actually walked all the way from Arashi to Palm Beach which is about a 2 1/2 mile walk. But from Arashi to Boca is probably around 1/4 of a mile. In fact, if you didnt have to go back to the beach for your stuff you could easily snorkel from Arashi south to Boca.

Hank

Archived