Falmouth Jamaica?

Hi,

I have posted this question on the Jamaica port of call board but have not had any replies. We will be on Oasis in Dec. Surely someone must have visited one of these places.

I have read about Jamaica for a day and know that from Falmouth we could go to Hilton Rose Hall. For an adult, all inclusive pass including transportation it is $90.00.

Breezes Trelawny is another option @ $60.00 for an adult all inclusive pass. No transportation. Does anyone know the transportation cost? A cab to Breezes costs how much?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on which is better?

Thanks!

We loved Hilton Rose Hall Resort this past summer- would recommend taking it with transportation- easy- no worries and you will not beat price at other resort - so much to do there with water sports, lazy river, slides, beaches, pools and the best mojitos- food was wonderful and service excellent

I stayed at Breezes Trelawny over New Years. I loved the trip but the resort itself was very... blah. It has a rocky beach with chairs, OK food, an OK pool, and a trapeze. That's about it. It's rundown, the food is nothing to write home about, and the beach isn't that spectacular, either. I'd say it's only worth $56 if you REALLY like to drink and plan to get sloshed while there. Otherwise, save your money and go to Rose Hall or somewhere else. Or just stay at the port and eat/drink on the ship.

Rose Hall is about a twenty minute van ride from Falmouth Pier. We did everything thru Jamaicaforaday. Met on the dock and left at 10am. Stayed at Rose Hall til 5pm. Lunch was superb. I recommend the beef patties and Jerk Chicken. Have fun!

Have you looked at maybe going to Nachi or Paradise Beach instead? They are both much cheaper. We were going to do Hilton, but decided on Nachi instead. It was great and it was cheaper. They also limit to 100, so it's not overly crowded.

Have you looked at maybe going to Nachi or Paradise Beach instead? They are both much cheaper. We were going to do Hilton, but decided on Nachi instead. It was great and it was cheaper. They also limit to 100, so it's not overly crowded.

Only problem..neither of them are in Jamaica

We are thinking of taking a ship's tour from Falmouth to Negril - as we want to see the island. This leaves us at Margaritaville (or you can go shopping). We thought it would be nice and less hassle:rolleyes: to stay on the beach at Margaritaville. Has anyone been there? okay for a few hours? Thanks

There is no need to book the Hilton Rose Hall. You can take a cab there and pay when you arrive. Just tell the cab driver what time you want to return to the ship and he will be there waiting for you. No need to pay a middle man or conform to the time limits of a group tour.

There is no need to book the Hilton Rose Hall. You can take a cab there and pay when you arrive. Just tell the cab driver what time you want to return to the ship and he will be there waiting for you. No need to pay a middle man or conform to the time limits of a group tour.

Do you remember the price for the cab?

Those are in Cozumel. I was asking about Jamaica.

We loved Nachi Cocom last year, though. May do Paradise Beach this year.

Just tell the cab driver what time you want to return to the ship and he will be there waiting for you.

Are there cabs waiting around the resort to take people back to the ship? If so I'd prefer to not arrange for a cab to come back and get me because then I'm locked into leaving at that particular time.

We are thinking of taking a ship's tour from Falmouth to Negril - as we want to see the island. This leaves us at Margaritaville (or you can go shopping). We thought it would be nice and less hassle:rolleyes: to stay on the beach at Margaritaville. Has anyone been there? okay for a few hours? Thanks

I've been there. I absolutely love the 7 Mile Beach in Negril and think it's a must-visit for everyone's lifetime. I've been there twice and had a great time each time. Margaritaville is pretty central to the 7 Mile Beach. You can explore the beach area around it (it's safe). A lot of the hotels are not AIs so if you want to take a look around it's usually OK. There are some neat hotels in that area! There are also a lot of food shacks set up where you can get a yummy and affordable meal. Bring your suit and hang out on the water trampoline a bit and swim. The water is clear and warm!

Just note that it is a 2 hour drive from Falmouth and there isn't too much to see since you're heading into rural areas. Although if you have a good tour guide you'll be entertained!

I stayed at Breezes Trelawny over New Years. I loved the trip but the resort itself was very... blah. It has a rocky beach with chairs, OK food, an OK pool, and a trapeze. That's about it. It's rundown, the food is nothing to write home about, and the beach isn't that spectacular, either. I'd say it's only worth $56 if you REALLY like to drink and plan to get sloshed while there. Otherwise, save your money and go to Rose Hall or somewhere else. Or just stay at the port and eat/drink on the ship.

Did you hear anything about the Hilton Rose Hall?

I've been there. I absolutely love the 7 Mile Beach in Negril and think it's a must-visit for everyone's lifetime. I've been there twice and had a great time each time. Margaritaville is pretty central to the 7 Mile Beach. You can explore the beach area around it (it's safe). A lot of the hotels are not AIs so if you want to take a look around it's usually OK. There are some neat hotels in that area! There are also a lot of food shacks set up where you can get a yummy and affordable meal. Bring your suit and hang out on the water trampoline a bit and swim. The water is clear and warm!

Just note that it is a 2 hour drive from Falmouth and there isn't too much to see since you're heading into rural areas. Although if you have a good tour guide you'll be entertained!

Thank you for the information - sounds like a good day. We just don't like being hassled to buy things. I know they have to earn a living but if I am interested then I will ask

Archived