Pier>>>>Butterfly conservatory

PurpleCow

Does anyone know if the Butterfly Conservatory is walking distance from the pier, and about how far? I've been to Key West many times, but I've always missed this and have heard that it's a treat.

It's in the 1300 block of Duvl on the Whitehead side of the street. About a mile up Duval...

http://www.keywestbutterfly.com/

Pjk

What a coincidence. I was just going to come on this thread to ask about the Butterfly Conservatory.

Would this be a convenient stop from the City Tours Bus ? My husband has some mobility issues so walking from the pier would not be doable for him.

What a coincidence. I was just going to come on this thread to ask about the Butterfly Conservatory.

Would this be a convenient stop from the City Tours Bus ? My husband has some mobility issues so walking from the pier would not be doable for him.

Here is the CityTour map. It does make a stop (5) at the Butterfly Conservatory.

Keywestmap-s.jpg

Great, thanks. I had not seen the map. Let me find it now and enlarge it. Thanks ! Can't wait. The only other butterfly sanctuary I have ever been to was Butterfly World in Fort Lauderdale. I absolutely love the feeling of peace when I was there. the beauty of it all brought tears to my eyes when I walked in.

• 1 month later...

We visited the Butterfly Conservatory this past weekend during our visit to Key West. The admission charge is something like $12 for adults, but if you tell them you heard about them through one of the discount coupons books, they will discount your admission. So instead of paying approx $52 for four adults, it was somelike like $40 and change.

While the exhibit is interesting, you will not spend a lot of time there as it is not that large. So, if it is a must-see on your list, keep in mind you will spend maybe a half-hour there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can access the gift shop without entering the conservatory. They have a nice restroom too.

I personally would not want to walk it from the pier. Key West can be very hot and humid even in April. I would take the trolley for sure. There is a coupon in the trolley hand out for the Butterflies. This was our favorite thing in Key West.

Nancy

Archived