picture packages

They take your picture approximately a million times :p No really, they do take it quite a bit... on embarkation, at dinner, at every port (a couple of times), on deck, it seems there is always someone somewhere taking pictures... The 8x10's (generally formal night pics are all 8x10) are 19.95... you have to buy the 8x10 before you can buy a smaller size. The smaller pics are somewhere around $8 each... they will all be displayed and you can choose what you want.... I wish they had a better way to display the pics, can be time consuming to find your pics...

can you wait until the last day to see ALL the shots and THEN pick and choose the one/s you want? I'd hate to plan for buying just a few, get the first few I see and then wish I'd have waited. and are they generally pretty good shots or just "pause while you're moving" shots that stink? thanks!

p.s.--I gather from the "can you copy the pictures after you get home" thread, that the overwhelming majority says, "yes, with a release from Carnival", correct? thanks, again, GC!:)

Yes, you can wait until the end, but keep in mind, you will be looking through a sea of thousands and thousands of pictures!!! They do separate them by night and event, but it is still quite a mess, IMHO... but yes, you can wait. I have never had any trouble getting pics copied at home... you can also get a release from Carnival, but I have never needed one... good luck!

We went and looked at the pictures after our first two days and could not find them all, then we would find some of them and keep them all together and go look on the last day and pick what we wanted. It seemed many of the pictures we wanted from the formal nights were "missing" and spent over an hour or more going thru bins of pictures....to no avail. We missed out on finding the 2 formal pics we really wanted and we never found them even going thru all the bins.....:mad: It gets hectic and stressful up there looking for pics and they are not open all the time.

I waited til the last sea day to purchase photos. THere is no sale on the last day--so if you see a pic you want-- get it.

On the formal nights there will be various photographers all over the ship with different backgrouds. Get your photos taken at each of the background. On the next formal night will be some new backgrounds.

Yes- it is hard to pick a good phot-- if you get a good photographer he will be great. You will have a hard time chosing one.

We buy photo coupons before we go to keep our sign and sail bill mostly prepaid. I get the embarkation one at the home port and one formal photo. (first cruise got way too many- it was like I ws thinking we will never have this time again. so went completely overboard with buying photos.

We buy photo coupons before we go to keep our sign and sail bill mostly prepaid. I get the embarkation one at the home port and one formal photo. (first cruise got way too many- it was like I ws thinking we will never have this time again. so went completely overboard with buying photos.

Is there any other benefit to buying the photo coupons ~ or just to keep the pictures off your account?

How many coupons do you usually buy for a couple pictures?

:D They DO take a lot of pics of you! Usually, the only one I buy is the one they take just prior to embarkation. I get it because it shows the homeport and date of the cruise. (I use it as the cover page in my cruise scrapbook.) Last cruise, however, I did buy the one they took when arriving on Cozumel. These two 5x7 pics cost me $7.50 each...reasonable, I think.

Is there any other benefit to buying the photo coupons ~ or just to keep the pictures off your account?

How many coupons do you usually buy for a couple pictures?

No benifits-- even exchange dollar for dollar. each photo coupon is worth 15.00- a formal photo is 20 and a embarkation is about 7. (I get two of them only to prepay my cruise as much as possible)

can you wait until the last day to see ALL the shots and THEN pick and choose the one/s you want? I'd hate to plan for buying just a few, get the first few I see and then wish I'd have waited. and are they generally pretty good shots or just "pause while you're moving" shots that stink? thanks!

p.s.--I gather from the "can you copy the pictures after you get home" thread, that the overwhelming majority says, "yes, with a release from Carnival", correct? thanks, again, GC!:)

YOu can have as many formal pictures taken as you want...on the Conquest they must have had 10 different stations each formal night. For the casual nights, there were about 5-6 different backgrounds available. But you don't have to do all the backgrounds. The only "pause and click" shots are the ones when you are getting off the ship in port and at dinner in the dining room. And yes you can wait til the end of the cruise to buy them...ours were out all week. Tthey have a huge photo gallery on each of the ships.

I wish cruise lines would offer picture packages. It would make life easier for me :) I too, am thinking of purchasing the photo coupons for our upcoming cruise. At least that's one less thing DH has to worry about me putting on the sign and sail card!

Archived