Magic cruise next week - bad weather question...1st timer

Callisto

Hi everyone,

I have a question about how Carnival deals with their Cruise Excursions during bad weather. I checked the weather forecast for next week and both ports the Carnival Magic will be docking at will have heavy storm and are pretty cold. We're pre-booked on a Carnival excursion that involves a sail boat trip where we will be sitting out in the open for 2 hours or so. Will Carnival cancel the excursion if it's raining hard? I don't want pay to be shivering out in the middle of the ocean getting rained on.

Thanks in advance!

As the sailing date gets closer, the % of thunderstorm goes higher. Yesterday it only said drizzle, now it's thunderstorm. The chance went from 20% to 60% and I was looking at the stormwatch radar and it shows a big storm wave slowly moving towards Cozumel. I don't know how accurate weather forecasts are these days but I would think the prediction system is pretty sophisticated by now, right? Am crossing my fingers that the weather will clear up when we're there.

Forecasts change day to day, even hour to hour. If this is a CCL excursion, I believe you can cancel up to 24 hours ahead. So if you booked through CCL, let it stand and see what develops. If the day before you are still uncomfortable, you should be able to cancel with no recourse. Should it get bad enough, they'll cancel on you.

Forecasting weather is highly developed, but in the end is nothing more than a really educated GUESS. Mother Nature does as she sees fit. Nothing is absolute in nature.

If the weather is bad, they will most likely cancel the excursion. We had a catamaran sail and snorkel booked in Montego Bay when we sailed on Conquest last year and it ended up being canceled due to the weather. (The weather wasn't even that bad - overcast and a little drizzly.) The cost of the excursion was credited to our sail and sign account.

Hi everyone,

I have a question about how Carnival deals with their Cruise Excursions during bad weather. I checked the weather forecast for next week and both ports the Carnival Magic will be docking at will have heavy storm and are pretty cold. We're pre-booked on a Carnival excursion that involves a sail boat trip where we will be sitting out in the open for 2 hours or so. Will Carnival cancel the excursion if it's raining hard? I don't want pay to be shivering out in the middle of the ocean getting rained on.

Thanks in advance!

If its raining hard,probably not.Thunder and lightning,yes.

In Cozumel, if the waves are too high, the port authority will cancel all excursions. Last year, we had booked an excursion through the ship and it was the most beautiful, gorgeous day. Unfortunately, it was windy and the port was closed. We received a full refund. It would have been nice, however, to learn that the excursions were canceled before we walked all the way to the meeting point.

Archived