Cruise A203 - Flight Seat booker open

Eclipse1

I was very keen to grab the seat configuration of the '2's' at the rear of the plane and I was happy to be successful in doing so. I put an alarm on my phone to remind me. One job done, now looking at the excursions, but nothing jumps out at me at the moment other than the Dunns River Falls which we would very much like to do. Anyone done that before?

Hoping some reviews of the Azura in the Caribbean start to come through as the re-positioning cruise is now finished. I know, very sad am I......

Yep, TCX238 from LGW at 0845 - staying at LGW the night before, that way the holiday starts 1 day earlier :)

Also looking at excursions but, like you, nothing jumps out. I've been told that Aruba and St Maarten are lovely. I'm looking forward to visiting some of the alternative Caribbean islands.

I'm equally as sad, I counted back on my calender to mark the day that I could pre-assign seats.

I've paid for Mum and I to travel in Premium and I was lucky enough to get the 2 seats at the side - H&J.

Hopefully there will be some recent postings on Azura soon - fingers crossed! Anything that I've read to date has been positive overall.

Not long now........ :)

I was very keen to grab the seat configuration of the '2's' at the rear of the plane and I was happy to be successful in doing so. I put an alarm on my phone to remind me. One job done, now looking at the excursions, but nothing jumps out at me at the moment other than the Dunns River Falls which we would very much like to do. Anyone done that before?

Yes, we did it early in the morning before the crowds arrive and then spent time on the beach afterwards. Very commercial there and you are guided up the Falls. The guides are happy to take photographs.............

How were you all made aware that you could reserve your seats on the aircraft, daily viewing of Cruise Personalizers, or was it EXACTLY 12 weeks or 84 days out. How much have you had to pay for this pleasure? We fly out on the 16th March to sail back to Southampton on Azura.....

Anybody got R407???

Hi Colin - it was 'literally' 12 weeks before departure. I did get an e-mail from P&O later in the afternoon to say everything was set up to book, but I had already booked my seats by then. Definitely worth making a diary note if you want the best seats. It costs £12.50 per person per seat and you had to book both ways, so £50 for both of us total.

I know Dunns River will be a 'commercial' thing, but it's just one thing I would like to do. Everything else we will probably do on our own.

We did Dunns River last year, just make sure you take waterproof shoes or you need to buy some or hire when you get there. If you go to soccer sports it's the wet suit type material ones. There are lockers there so you can take a change of clothes as you get completely soaked as you are up to your waist in parts and get splashed. You buy a padlock when you get there.

You need to be quite mobile as it's steep in parts. The guide at the back will look after your camera and take photos at various points. He just expects a small tip at the top. (but then everybody expects a tip in the caribean) There is also a guy making a video who burns it on to a dvd while you wait at the top. It's best to club together as it wasn't cheap I think about 40 dollars.

Hi Cheryl,

We are on the same cruise flying from Manchester on the Friday. Our friends are flying from Gatwick but I think are on the later flight. we have booked our seats to ensure we are sat together.

We went to Dunnes river DIY a couple of years ago. It is far less expensive than a P & o trip and we will be doing the same again next year. The taxi driver dropped us at the falls for about 2 hours and then collected us and took us to a beach for a couple of hours then back to the ship.

Can't remember what he charged but between 4 of us it was not much.

Sue

Thank you Sue - yes, I am considering doing this on our own. I am sure we may also meet others who would want to share a taxi or a trip. Seriously looking forward to this and counting down the weeks. First time for us cruising on our own - we have always travelled with friends before. Meet you on board...!

Archived