Cape Liberty - Bayonne, NJ

CatP27

Can anyone recommend a hotel for a pre-cruise stay near Cape Liberty - Bayonne, NJ? Would like something that offers shuttle service from the Newark Airport, and if possible, to the pier. Looking for a tour of NYC while in the area. Thanks.

In the Newport section of Jersey City, there are two terrific hotels...the Hyatt Regency is right on the Hudson River, with spectatcular views of the city...the Courtyard by Marriott is within walking distance of 13 great restaurants, and the PATH Train (Port Authority Trans Hudson) is located right there to take you to New York City. Jersey City is within a 10 to 15 minute drive to the Bayonne Cruise Port. My wife and I have lived here for almost 4 years and we love the area.

Michael

We stayed at the Doubletree last year in Jersey City. The PATH train is about a block away. We took the train to Chinatown and Little Italy in Manhattan. Very nice area.

CatP27...... We are booked @ the Hyatt Regency Jersey City' date=' for our one day pre cruise in July.

http://jerseycity.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

We haven't stayed there before, but I have read many positive comments about this hotel.[/quote']

Of the 3 hotels in the Newport section of Jersey City (Hyatt, Courtyard/Marriott, and Doubletree), I would rate the Hyatt as best in terms of the view, as it's right on the Hudson, with a commanding siteline of Manhattan Island. You will enjoy your stay very much.

Michael

Can you see the ships docked at Port Liberty from the Hyatt?

Unfortunately, no...From the Hyatt you can see the Statue of Liberty, but Cape Liberty Cruise Port is a bit further west and out of sight from the Hyatt. However, if you're lucky, you can see cruiseships coming into New York Harbour from Hyatt, as they dock on the West Side of Manhattan.

Mike

Archived