Rental car

gschwartz001

My DH and I will be staying in Aruba for a week at the Marriott. We are trying to decide whether to rent a car or use cabs since we like to try different restaurants and do not want to be locked into hotel restaurants. Are the cabs expensive in Aruba? I noticed the rental car agencies do not have great reputations are are pretty expensive. We want to make sure it is worthwhile.

Any assistance from frequent visitors is appreciated. Thanks.

We never rent a car in Aruba. We always use taxis or sometimes the bus when we go to dinner. Taxi fares are reasonable, and the bus runs from where you are staying to downtown. We like to not have to worry about finding places or being concerned about parking. A lot of people rent cars, and a lot of people don't. It's just a matter of preference. Some just rent for a day or two, to tour the island on their own. As mentioned previously, Tropic receives terrific reviews. Also, you will find taxis waiting at the Marriott most of the time. Restaurants will call a taxi for you when we leave. We have a favorite taxi driver, who we arrange to pick us up at the airport (although there will be taxis available when you get there), and drive us to dinner, sightseeing, snorkeling, etc. Since you are staying in Palm Beach, a lot of restaurants, shopping, etc. will be close by.

Archived