Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta

Rosefloater

Another vote for "Madison South" at Casa Isabel. Very good food and drinks, reasonable prices and friendly staff. www.casaisabelpv.com

The view from the open air palapa restaurant is fabulous and gives a wonderful picture of the bay all the way to Nuevo.

This restaurant is also located in a boutique hotel with pool and hot tubs located one deck below the restaurant but with the same fabulous views. If you are interested they will also offer a pass for the pools, hospitality room to change in and towels. I believe the cost for this is about $15 but would need to confirm: may be a lesser charge if also planning to eat at restaurant.

For info: madisonpv@hotmail.com.

One of the evening waiters - Arturo is also a taxi driver by day. You can contact him to set up a pick-up, do tours etc. Use the above e-mail or call his cell:3221803998.

He is very friendly and speaks excellent English.

• 2 weeks later...
I've taken my family to Pipi's many times and it has been no less than excellent each time. It's a great family owned restaurant and they will say "Thank You" as you're leaving.:D

The OP is looking for a non-touristy place and I would have to say that Pipi's is the most touristy place in PV. We have eaten there in the past and found the food was very bland.

The OP is looking for a non-touristy place and I would have to say that Pipi's is the most touristy place in PV. We have eaten there in the past and found the food was very bland.

Nor have we eaten there, Pipi's is a major tourist restaurant but in the months that PV is not busy for American/Canadians? It is dead quiet as no locals or vacationing nationals eat there.

• 4 weeks later...

Not really close to the terminal. Best choice is in the centre and old town.

Not too far from the terminal - just a bit too far to walk- you will also find various restaurants around the Marina - the yachtharbor.

But again much better go to town and also walk to Malecon with its statues.

Is there anywhere to eat within walking distance from the ship for lunch?

Heading downtown on the bus is the thing to do, but if you just want to walk across the street to Sam's Club, their eatery is outside (no membership required) and they offer pizza, hotdogs, salads, etc. at a great price. :)

th_DSCF0199.jpg th_P3040012.jpg

(click)

gary

OP here - We ended up eating at a little restaurant at the beginning of the Malecon across the street from McDonalds. It was called Restaurant El Malecon. We split a plate of beef fajitas & got 2 beers for around 150 pesos. Food was great. It was just the type of place we were looking for. Mixture of locals and tourists. Plan to go back there or try El Mole de Jovita.

Archived