The good and the bad of going solo

Mademypoint

I forgot to mention having the stateroom to myself as a definite perk as well!

It's nice just to be in your own space, doing what you want, when you want and how you want.

I've met some lovely folks in my roll call and we've already arranged a group tour while in St Maarten, but I'm also looking forward to my solo walking tour in Puerto Rico.

I've been recommending all my girlfriends to do a solo trip/cruise and see how they like it. Nothing beats it, in my opinion.

Certainly JOIN the Roll Call for your sailing = instant friends. I'm just off the Emerald and the people on my Roll Call were super! I never had any issue with NOT meeting people on board, many conversations struck up I think more quickly as I was alone. I had an inside cabin, it was perfect-lots of room and it meant I went up on deck and elsewhere to meet and mingle.

I think the worst experience was the first night in the dining room. Anytime dining and I didn't get to it until about 8:30pm. It meant that I got seated a massive table ALONE for at least 20 minutes while they made up the rest of the table-ugh! I caught on very quickly and went to dinner earlier(7pmish) and had no troubles getting put at tables with other solo's and couples.

Archived