Funny Spa Stories (Let's have a laugh!)

gopher's girl

Did anything funny happen to you in a spa (or the salon) on a ship?

(I'll start...)

When I was in the Dawn Princess spa last April, I treated myself to a pedicure for my often to be bared feet! I was there with my best friend, so she and I went up for out appointments on the first day. I was asked to sit in the waiting area and told that my person was running a little over on her last appointment - I could see she was talking to a lady and finishing up the hairstyle while I waited patiently.

When it was my turn I had a great pedicure and polish. While the polish was drying, she started the "hard sell" as most Steiner run salons are known for. She pitched all of the products used during the pedicure, then pitched a cream that she gave me a hand massage with, and lastly showed me a bronzing powder. She bronzed my face and arms, then used water to make a bronze paste for my lips. I was really kind of shocked by this so I didn't stop her but I wasn't buying it either!! When we got back to the cabin my friend collapsed on her bed in laughter and told me to look in the mirror. My very pale Polish complexion was turned into that of a native Jamaican!!

On the Coral Princess, I signed up for the Hot Stone Massage or whatever it's called. I was told to relax in the waiting area for a few minutes on this hot stone couch thingie, which was wonderful. But I needed to take a quick restroom break, so I headed back into what I thought was the men's dressing room.

I walked into a room full of nude women.

Yes, I went in the wrong door. By some bizarre coincidence, all of these women were focused on either getting into their clothes or out of them, and they didn't see me in the two seconds I was standing there with my mouth agape.

I dashed out of there, scared to death I was going to be arrested or something...but since I wasn't seen, I was in the clear. I was pretty shaky and tense when the attendant came to take me to the Hot Stone Massage room. She said I really needed one!

On the Coral Princess, I signed up for the Hot Stone Massage or whatever it's called. I was told to relax in the waiting area for a few minutes on this hot stone couch thingie, which was wonderful. But I needed to take a quick restroom break, so I headed back into what I thought was the men's dressing room.

I walked into a room full of nude women.

Yes, I went in the wrong door. By some bizarre coincidence, all of these women were focused on either getting into their clothes or out of them, and they didn't see me in the two seconds I was standing there with my mouth agape.

I dashed out of there, scared to death I was going to be arrested or something...but since I wasn't seen, I was in the clear. I was pretty shaky and tense when the attendant came to take me to the Hot Stone Massage room. She said I really needed one!

And you really think we are going to believe that was an accident :)

Scott

My hubby decided to treat me to a massage on our last cruise. I've never had one -- I usually don't go for pampering: I even color my own hair (shh, that's a secret). So after the massage, I was taken back to the waiting room and told to go on the stone chair. I really needed a "Spa for Dummies." I didn't know how long I was supposed to wait or what I was to do after that. Finally I got up and looked around. Went over to the sauna area but the rooms seemed occupied and I didn't know if it was included. So I went back to the dressing room, took a shower and got dressed. I know they don't want to risk insulting regulars but maybe they should ask if you've done the spa thing before and if not, give you a brief rundown on what to expect. Liked the lemon ade, though.

BTW, I did note the above on the comment form at the end of the cruise.

I was having some back soreness between my shoulder blades. I asked my husband if there was anything on my back, such as a bruise. He took a quick glance (or so I thought) and said everything was fine.

Fast forward to the next day in the spa. I was answering the pre massage questions from a very nice young man. I told him that my back had been hurting and that my DH had checked it out.

The massage on my front side went along well, however when I turned over to my stomach, the young man said "Oh my, I think I see what your problem is." I was shocked to learn that I had a huge bruise on my back, along with a good size knot! :eek: I must have run into something during the trip packing or at the airport, but the main point is that my DH said everything was fine back there. :rolleyes: hmmmmm!

:o

Ok this was a few years ago. I had my first massage and I was really not sure what to do so I went to the reception desk and asked the receptionist what should I wear for my massage. She said not to worry the person giving me the massage will explain everything to me.

So I go into the room and the massuse poked his head in and told me to go in the locker room, strip and put on a robe and meet him back in the room. I told him I was a bit uncomfortable being nude so he said just wear these, he hands me this paper like briefs. So I changed into them and had an awsome massage. I fell asleep and he woke me up and told me to put the robe on and go into the "relaxtion area" and there would be some refreshments there.

So I go into this room (still wearing my robe) and sat on the louge chair for a bit and got bored, plus it was very warm in the room. I got up and decided to take a swim. Still in my robe I went out to the pool and took my robe off and got into the pool. Well I started doing some laps and I heard this laughter, these woman were giggiling and pointing at me. Now I have been a bodybuilder for ten years and I have had a lot of reactions to my body but never anyoine laughing at me. So before I got pissed off, another guy in the pool swam over and told me that my "white" bathing suite was transparent. I started thinking white ? my suite is black! It all came back to me. Oh Sh*t!

That was the only time I ever went swimming in a paper bathing suit!

Mike wins for the 10 pm hour last night!!! (these times are Eastern Daylight - feel free to adjust for your own zone!!)

See, the massage was so good that you forgot your clothes. That is so funny.

Iamthesea - one time a teammate of mine (I was a rower) was helping me out before a race and tried to loosen my lower back muscles. She rubbed a bit too hard because the next day my entire back was bruised. So embarrassing! I know how you feel!

Cruisin Chick - yeah, talk about what you're supposed to do. I went to a massage school once (they are very inexpensive but professional) and the people explained things very well because they were graded based on my rating of the experience. I took a friend to a resort spa before our last cruise and neither of us were very familiar with the resort spa style... we sat in the waiting room talking when apparently we were supposed to be relaxing a quiet. I think we made a few people mad but they did come to get us quickly!

Archived