thoughts about the Miracle

noslen3333

And I'm really getting tired of people whining about cutbacks. HELLO?!?!? Maybe no one has noticed that EVERYTHING costs more these days! EVERYTHING! So, would you rather Carnival tried to keep their fares low or would you rather they kept everything exactly as it has always been but have to drastically raise prices.

It's simply economics, people. If someone doesn't understand it, I'm sure there is plenty of basic econ available online. When your costs rise, you have two options - raise prices or cut back somewhere to keep your costs steady.

Seriously. How difficult is that to comprehend? :rolleyes:

Well said! We are sailing over Thanksgiving week for $399 per person Interior/French Door rooms. I will take my $920 of OBC from ES and spend on the "extras" I want.

As per speculation, the "spruce up" will be sometime in mid-January (if you look at the schedule you'll notice theres a week or so without a sailing), and it's rumoured.. ALLEGEDLY.. that MAYBE.. possibly... that it MIGHT be the installation of a Serenity Deck area; also a little polishing, dusting and cleaning I'm guessing. But ya didn't hear it from me ;)

As I said yesterday:

The dry dock is scheduled for 1/13/12 - 1/27/12.

Plans for 2012 Dry-dock

Routine hotel maintenance

Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, reupholstering, wall coverings, tile work, lighting in lounges and public areas

· ADA compliant modifications will be made to a suite

· Addition of Serenity “Adults-Only” area

· Replacing TVs with flat-screen TVs in every stateroom

This is from the TA website and I'm really happy about the Serenity area.

It's simply economics, people. If someone doesn't understand it, I'm sure there is plenty of basic econ available online. When your costs rise, you have two options - raise prices or cut back somewhere to keep your costs steady.

We sailed on the Miracle 3 years ago during the same week that we're booked for this year and paid almost $600 MORE for virtually the same balcony and inside cabins that we're booked for this time. To save $600 three years later, I'll take a few cutbacks. I'll still be on a ship, on vacation, and will have a great time.

We sailed on the Miracle late Sept.

Generally eat dinner in the DR but one night was not happy with our choices and went up to lido.

Thought they had a very nice buffet laid out and left feeling very satisfied.

Having said that prefer Conquest class as it is bigger and offers more food choices.

As I said yesterday:

Plans for 2012 Dry-dock

Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, reupholstering, wall coverings, tile work, lighting in lounges and public areas

Great to hear about the flat screen tv's in case I will be watching the Superbowl in our suite. :)

As I said yesterday:

Plans for 2012 Dry-dock

I may be in the minority but I am NOT happy about the addition of the Serenity area. It will most likely be in the aft pool area which was my favorite place to hang out on sea days. Now there will be less seating for lounging and no seating for eating. :(

We are cruising Carnival for the first time in February and chose the Miracle. I can't wait! We booked an Ocean Suite and have a great call going.

We are really excited about trying it! While I sympathize with the OPs disappointment, I will not let this deter me from being excited as this is one of the very few negative reviews I have read on the Miracle.

OP, I am sorry you did not enjoy. I hope we have better luck.

I may be in the minority but I am NOT happy about the addition of the Serenity area. It will most likely be in the aft pool area which was my favorite place to hang out on sea days. Now there will be less seating for lounging and no seating for eating. :(

Hopefully someone will weigh in on this from one of the other Spirit class ships that have had the Serenity area added. Of the ships I've sailed on that had it we never hung out there as there were never any loungers available. :o They won't take the pool away though, right? I did see some pictures of I believe the Legend and there were a few tables to sit down and eat at. But you're right - it won't be as easy to find chairs back there. Just have to get up early and start the day with a Bloody Mary :p

Hi Debbie (and Tim!) I see that you're going on the Miracle after the dry dock - enjoy!!

I agree about the Serenity area, we saw it on the Dream and it was always so packed that there was not much "serene" about it. Would prefer they just leave it as it is. Love the Miracle - although the Legend is still our all time favorite.

Hopefully someone will weigh in on this from one of the other Spirit class ships that have had the Serenity area added. Of the ships I've sailed on that had it we never hung out there as there were never any loungers available. :o They won't take the pool away though, right? I did see some pictures of I believe the Legend and there were a few tables to sit down and eat at. But you're right - it won't be as easy to find chairs back there. Just have to get up early and start the day with a Bloody Mary :p

There's an idea I can use! :p

Hi Debbie (and Tim!) I see that you're going on the Miracle after the dry dock - enjoy!!

I agree about the Serenity area, we saw it on the Dream and it was always so packed that there was not much "serene" about it. Would prefer they just leave it as it is. Love the Miracle - although the Legend is still our all time favorite.

Hi! Yep, can't wait! We love the Miracle...and the Legend! Some of our best cruises have been on those 2 ships. It will feel like "home" once we board!

I typically respect the fact that everyone has a right to there own opinion; however, I would like to point out a few complete inaccuracies in the account above, as I was on the exact same sailing.

#1 - American Food was offered at lunch. There are six lido buffet lines for lunch, 2 American, 2 Nation of the Day, Chinese, and Deli. ++ Pizza. Plentiful American Food was offered in 2 lines every lunch.

#2 - The Lido Buffet is alive and well in the evening. AND BUSY! We choose to eat in the dining room every night; however, the above is completely false! The Lido buffet is open every night from 5:00 to some point after 9:00 and then open up again for a late night buffet until 1:00am.

#3 - There is a TON of entertainment at all hours in the evening. Shows, comedy, karaoke, LIVE MUSIC in 6 different venues. The FunTimes showed that Live Music was available in six different venues in the evening.

Again, I love opinions; however, I won't tolerate false information. I loved this cruise.

I like to add #3 - Regarding LIVE MUSIC, there was always something going on at night in Frankie and Johnnies. Usually a cover band that played a lot of rock and roll music.

They don't take the pool away...one of the good perks of Serenity on Spirit class ships is they're the only ones who have a pool. However, I'm not happy about it....many less places to sit, so that means that the large amount of people who USED to sit back there need to find another place, resulting in crowding the other areas of Lido even more. There are a small number of tables to eat at. Also smoking is not allowed in Serenity...big drawback for me. I used to spend about 80% of my cruise back there, just relaxing. Instead, they force the smokers to where the children are...yup, that makes alot of sense:rolleyes:

There's an idea I can use! :p

Hi! Yep, can't wait! We love the Miracle...and the Legend! Some of our best cruises have been on those 2 ships. It will feel like "home" once we board!

Those 2 are always like home to us as well! We just got off Freedom, and while we had a good cruise, it just wasn't the same. I never did find my "spot" on that ship. And looks like I will have to come up with a new spot on Miracle in May, too:( When all else fails, I head to my balcony and drink my own booze...less $ to Carnival:rolleyes:

I am confused about the 2 American buffet stations, though...I have never seen that on any Spirit class ship. There are only 4 buffet corners...Asian, 2 Taste of Nation and Deli.

They don't take the pool away...one of the good perks of Serenity on Spirit class ships is they're the only ones who have a pool. However, I'm not happy about it....many less places to sit, so that means that the large amount of people who USED to sit back there need to find another place, resulting in crowding the other areas of Lido even more. There are a small number of tables to eat at. Also smoking is not allowed in Serenity...big drawback for me. I used to spend about 80% of my cruise back there, just relaxing. Instead, they force the smokers to where the children are...yup, that makes alot of sense:rolleyes:

Those 2 are always like home to us as well! We just got off Freedom, and while we had a good cruise, it just wasn't the same. I never did find my "spot" on that ship. And looks like I will have to come up with a new spot on Miracle in May, too:( When all else fails, I head to my balcony and drink my own booze...less $ to Carnival:rolleyes:

I am confused about the 2 American buffet stations, though...I have never seen that on any Spirit class ship. There are only 4 buffet corners...Asian, 2 Taste of Nation and Deli.

Yep, the non-smoking is an issue for me (as well as others in our group). It just doesn't make any sense to make the AFT OPEN LIDO deck a non-smoking area. It was also our favorite spot for meeting up with our roll call friends...can't do that now. For one, we have a few kids in the group and secondly, we have a few smokers.

<sigh> Maybe it won't feel like "home" so much any more. Guess we'll just have to adjust.

Yep, the non-smoking is an issue for me (as well as others in our group). It just doesn't make any sense to make the AFT OPEN LIDO deck a non-smoking area. It was also our favorite spot for meeting up with our roll call friends...can't do that now. For one, we have a few kids in the group and secondly, we have a few smokers.

<sigh> Maybe it won't feel like "home" so much any more. Guess we'll just have to adjust.

Exactly... makes no sense. I can only adjust so much...I know I didn't feel comfortable on the Freedom. If I stop feeling comfortable on my cruises, I may have to start going land-based. Hard thing for a cruise addict like me to contend with:(

There are actually 6 buffet corners. 4 on the inside (Two taste of nation, deli and Asian) and 2 on the outside - under cover (American) at lunch.

There are actually 6 buffet corners. 4 on the inside (Two taste of nation, deli and Asian) and 2 on the outside - under cover (American) at lunch.

Oh, are you referring to the grills where the burgers are? I was thinking they were talking about actual hot food buffets....

Archived