Anyone back from the Caribbean yet?

Essexlass2

Got back this morning has a great cruise - weather could have been better - when we left on Saturday it had been raining quite heavily all day but it was warm. Nearly everytime they arranged an outdoor bbq or evening entertainment it managed to rain on it. Even so we had a great cruise but the evening entertainment was poor on a lot of nights.

Just checked Azuras tracker and route, and she is sailing from Barbados to Bonaire, weather for Bonaire not good, raining 50-80% CLOUDY ALL WEEK.:(

Hope the weather improves for the newly weds... I would be devasted if I had poor weather on a Caribbean cruise. Not done one yet, on the bucket list.;)

Got back this morning has a great cruise - weather could have been better - when we left on Saturday it had been raining quite heavily all day but it was warm. Nearly everytime they arranged an outdoor bbq or evening entertainment it managed to rain on it. Even so we had a great cruise but the evening entertainment was poor on a lot of nights.

Shame to hear evening enbtertainment was poor? I've been on Azura a couple of times, and we went to the theatre shows before dinner, and had a tribute artist like George Michael, Phil Collins or Annie Lennox after in one of the caberet rooms, or a comedian or singer.

Who did you have onboard?

Just read a not very complimentary review on Azura's last cruise but not really bothered as everyone is different. The weather in the caribbean can be very iffy in November, the end of the hurricane season but that doesn't bother me either, there is enough sunshine. The webcams for Azura and Ventura today look good. 12 more days and we will be in Barbados to join Azura. Hope the staff have cheered up a bit since last year.

We're back from Azura this morning.

Weather has been very poor at sea, apart from a lovely sunny day in Madeira and the 5 Caribbean islands were mainly hot and sunny. Very different to last year's TA. Guess it's just down to luck.

It was torrential all day on Saturday in Barbados, right up until we flew after 5pm. Don't know whether it would have cleared up for sailaway. Felt sorry for the passengers who were flying in that day. The ship was absolutely soaked.

I don't really know what to say about Azura and I certainly don't want anyone looking forward to sailing on her to be put off in any way as we had a great time overall. Think the weather made it an unhappy ship as the atmosphere completely changed when the sun shone and it felt like a cruise then.

Mostly miserable crew, with some exceptions. Freedom dining room was the most miserable place on the ship. :(

I went to a wedding on Friday and the bride and groom were flying out to Barbados for Azura Saturday cruise in a minisuite... whats the weather like out there at the moment...?

Sue, they haven't got mini suites on Azura:confused:

They have superior deluxe balcony cabins, family cabins and full suites...:)

At this time of year most of the Caribbean islands have a fair amount of rain and cloudy days (particularly in the pm) although this should not necessarily spoil the fun. A downpour can help clear the muggy heat for a while.

Liquid sunshine:D:D

Or say the locals say......

Karen

Oh, they must have a suite then, I 'll ask them when she gets back.:rolleyes:

How lovely for them. As you know Sue, Xmas will be our first time on Azura, but we have booked a superior deluxe on D deck, (with the very large BUT uncovered balconies)...;):p

We have booked a similar cabin for our Black Sea cruise next year, but if we don't like it at Xmas, then we will change it for that one..

Karen

Sue, they haven't got mini suites on Azura:confused:

They have superior deluxe balcony cabins, family cabins and full suites...:)

Actually, they do have mini-suites on Azura and Ventura. They just call them 'Superior Deluxe Balconies' for reasons best known to themselves. They are identical to the 'mini-suites' found on the similar Princess ships.

We got back early Saturday, thank goodness is all I can say. I have cruised plenty before but would never cruise with the very boring Azura again. Sooooooo much much worse than the Ventura and Oceana, and all the other cruises Ive been on. Entertainment is abysmal to say the least. I could go on and on but seems unfair to do so to others who are looking forward to their cruise.

Weather didnt help but this ship is seriously miserable! like a floating OAP and miserable ones at that hotel

We got back early Saturday, thank goodness is all I can say. I have cruised plenty before but would never cruise with the very boring Azura again. Sooooooo much much worse than the Ventura and Oceana, and all the other cruises Ive been on. Entertainment is abysmal to say the least. I could go on and on but seems unfair to do so to others who are looking forward to their cruise.

Weather didnt help but this ship is seriously miserable! like a floating OAP and miserable ones at that hotel

Hi greshna. Did you come to the meeting? How was your renewal of vows?

I would like to think it was the weather that made everyone so miserable.

Our mistake was trying to recreate our Ventura Transatlantic same time last year and it was never going to happen. Azura was lifeless and souless apart from a couple of sunny sailaways.

We have never encountered such a 'no can do' attitude on any cruise, with a few exceptions. We filled in special award cards for the crew that actually smiled and passed the time of day with us, such as our great cabin attendant and the staff in Verona. (cards are available at Reception) Couldn't even be bothered to fill in the questionnaire which is a first for us.

I'm hoping the fly cruise will be better for those of you looking forward to joining Azura soon. The weather makes all the difference.

Entertainment on board Azura on Caribbean cruise was terrible....double shows of comedians (if you can call them that) Cupids Couples show was appalling. Elton John tribute...well what can I say...Get a new cruise director

Is it still Neil Oliver?? I have cruising 'friends' who like Azura and positively rave over him :o I have never had the pleasure (or displeasure)....lol

Karen

Hi Essex,

I got back yesterday morning. What do you need to no?

p.s fantastic ship you will love it

Londonbabe, yours is the only positive reply! The other replies were not what we wanted to hear at all, no wonder no reviews have appeared.

Oh dear maybe things will improve, including the weather, before we are due to get there, hope so anyway :)

Londonbabe, yours is the only positive reply! The other replies were not what we wanted to hear at all, no wonder no reviews have appeared.

Oh dear maybe things will improve, including the weather, before we are due to get there, hope so anyway :)

Essexlass, I am refraining from saying too much as I know how much you are looking forward to your cruise and it could be completely different when your cruise comes around. Lots of people really liked the ship in spite of the weather. I expected it to be Ventura but classier and I couldn't have been more wrong.

We had a great time and there were lots of good things about the cruise.

Seventeen was fantastic, especially eating outside on the terrace.

Cabins were lovely and we had a brilliant cabin attendant.

Verona was great (part of the buffet that turns into a restaurant at night)

The islands were lovely and we had some nice sunshine to enjoy them.

Pax on Club dining had a far more positive experience than us on Freedom. P&O really needs to get in there and sort it out. We felt like we were in the way!

Just checked Azuras tracker and route, and she is sailing from Barbados to Bonaire, weather for Bonaire not good, raining 50-80% CLOUDY ALL WEEK.:(

Hope the weather improves for the newly weds... I would be devasted if I had poor weather on a Caribbean cruise. Not done one yet, on the bucket list.;)

We have found pre-xmas a bit hit and miss with carib weather. Have always found Feb/Mar to be very good.

Essexlass

Please don't worry, hopefully the weather will be much better by the time you go, as the November hurricane season will be nearly over.. The ship itself is very pleasing, and I've been on her twice, (also Ventura and all the other ships in the fleet) and I still think Azura is the best ship at the moment. I don't know why she is having a bad review over the last few weeks though. I had a great time on her, the food was great - try The GlassHouse on a sea day for lunch or dinner. Seventeen was a great special treat restaurant. The cabins are lovely with walk-in type wardrobes, and pretty new as she is a newish ship. I 'm sure with better weather everyone will be happier onboard and that means a good time, have a great cruise !

PHOTOS from Azura here, a lot of ship photos. see The Glasshouse lunch burger!

https://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/AzuraIrelandEurope1623rdJuly#5497608197032512578

. I expected it to be Ventura but classier and I couldn't have been more wrong.

We had a great time and there were lots of good things about the cruise.

Seventeen was fantastic, especially eating outside on the terrace.

Cabins were lovely and we had a brilliant cabin attendant.

!

U2

Can you expand on this comment, what do you mean? The type of people onboard, the ambience the decor?

The Glasshouse is pretty classy, so is Seventeen and Sindu. The cabins are the same if not newer. Main dining Restaurant as good. Malabar and the Manhattan on Azura the same as Havana and Tamarind. So how can Ventura be classier?

Archived