20 Days and still no cabin assignment

PekingeseLady

We late-booked a gty BF about 45 days in advance; today, 25 days before departure, we were upgraded to a BB. This is the second time we've done a gty cabin instead of a specific cabin, both times we were upgraded like that. Would have been fine with the BF, the BB is just icing on the cake!

You are guaranteed a BG category or better. So BA BB etc...all upgrades for you. Sometimes people book a GTY cabin to attempt to get an upgrade to a better cabin without having to pay for the higher category. The times that we have booked a GTY was to get on the ship at the price we wanted. Did not care what they ultimately gave us just so it was on the ship and the type cabin we booked.

Thanks for your response, Lancer1568. I have gone through the deck plans and can not find a "BG" category anywhere. Hence, my confusion. Could be just overlooking it. Anyway, sounds like that means we will get a cabin with a balcony somewhere and I guess you could consider that an upgrade of some sort and we are getting on the ship at the price we wanted. :D

. . .

Also, a group of us are cruising and my brother didn't get his cabin assignment. On his second call he was told that his guarantee cabin was marked "do not upgrade." This notation was removed from his account and he was immediately upgraded to one category higher (which was not much, GG to F, just like we all got. Now when my brother posted his experience on CC boards some idiot posted back and said my brother didn't know what he was talking about and such a thing could not happen. But two strangers had the same experience with two different Princess reps, so I say it is the idiot know-it-all who didn't show what they were talking about. Point being, call to ask, and make sure they didn't accidentally mark "do not upgrade" on your account; that could be why you don't have an assignment.

I'm the "idiot" and I never said your brother didn't know what he was talking about. If you're going to quote someone, do it correctly.

I'm the "idiot" and I never said your brother didn't know what he was talking about. If you're going to quote someone, do it correctly.

I have reread your quote and it can be read in two ways. One is that the Princess reps are "making crap up." The other is that my brother and the other poster were "making crap up." I read it the second way but if you meant it the first way, great.

in my case i posted a thread like this one. lancer58 i think helped me alot .i did call princess and they said i had the dont up grade checked well that cant be since we book a m cat lowest u can go lol.now mind u i dont care we get as long as it has a bed now what makes my booking intresting is that when we booked i was wait listed for a about 48 hrs when i called princess is when it when from a wait list to a booking cause i pay to pay more deposit.never had a problem out of all the cruises we ever took with this . my mom booked the same day . as we did and she was given a nice upgrade the next day and got a cabin the next day this was in the summer for a early cruise.so taoday at 10 days out we going to call and get some answers maybe lol.:eek: ill let ya know. looks like all cats are still avbl so maybe a real nice upgrade is we got a m cat would be fine as well. its on da ship .moral of my story next time for a few dollars i wont be as cheap and get a assnd room make sure i can up grade and move on cause this was fun once ,

in my case i posted a thread like this one. lancer58 i think helped me alot .i did call princess and they said i had the dont up grade checked well that cant be since we book a m cat lowest u can go lol.now mind u i dont care we get as long as it has a bed now what makes my booking intresting is that when we booked i was wait listed for a about 48 hrs when i called princess is when it when from a wait list to a booking cause i pay to pay more deposit.never had a problem out of all the cruises we ever took with this . my mom booked the same day . as we did and she was given a nice upgrade the next day and got a cabin the next day this was in the summer for a early cruise.so taoday at 10 days out we going to call and get some answers maybe lol.:eek: ill let ya know. looks like all cats are still avbl so maybe a real nice upgrade is we got a m cat would be fine as well. its on da ship .moral of my story next time for a few dollars i wont be as cheap and get a assnd room make sure i can up grade and move on cause this was fun once ,

Just to be sure the terminology used is correct:

If a cateogry is listed as sold out, you cannot book a GTY in that category or make a reservation in it at all.

If a category is listed as waitlisted, you cannot book a GTY in that category, but can be put on the waitlist (and will pay the normal deposit). However, if you are on a waitlist, there is no assurance you will clear the waitlist and actually get on the ship.

If the category has no listed specific available cabins but is not in a waitlist state, then you can book a GTY in it. This GTY means you are assured of making the trip and will be in the category booked or the possibility of a higher category.

Exactly right;)

I just looked and we got our room assignment. Went from obstructed to window. I guess 5 days out you can still review your stuff.

That's great news! Out of curiosity, is it one of the window cabins up in the front of the ship?

I just looked and we got our room assignment. Went from obstructed to window. I guess 5 days out you can still review your stuff.

FANTASTIC - Congragulations on the upgrade fairy visiting you also. OK so I will patiently wait. Maybe after Thanksgiving the upgrade fairy will pay me a visit. Have a fabulous cruise. Happy Holidays!!!

:confused: I feel for you. I thought you can't access your cruise personalizer 5 days before. How do you find out now? At the Pier? 12 days still no cabin for me yet either.

Although you cannot make changes in the personalizer at that time, you can still access it to print boarding passes and luggage tags, both of which will have your cabin assignment listed.

Got the good news over Thanksgiving. C324 on the Grand, which is exactly what we ordered BA Gty, Couldn't book a cabin on C deck so had to take the GTY, hope for a cabin on C deck or a minisuite upgrade. Figured it was my best odds for recieving the bigger balcony. VERY HAPPY! Only 6 sleeps now till we fly out. Happy Holidays Everyone! :D

Congratulations on getting what you paid for. :D

We are still seated on pointy things (pins, needles, thorns) 14 days from our Sapphire cruise. We aren't hoping for an upgrade but we are curious as to where we will bunk, it is fun to check personalizer every few days, er hours, er.... minutes.

This game never gets old.

:rolleyes: This is the first time my gty cabin has taken so long. I booked with 230 days and figured sometime after final payment I'd know. I check twice a day, the suspence is driving me crazy. I have a BA gty, they didn't have a balcony cabin on Carbibe in any catagory, so I am hoping I'd get one with a BA gty, or maybe get lucky with a upgrade to mini-suite. What do you think my chances are since it seems all balconies are selling out?

Are thing done differently in Australia ?, we paid our deposit for our August 2012 Crown Princess Greek Isles cruise last week and got our confirmation including cabin number within 2 days. We are in Caribe C414 cat BA.

Archived