Do You Tip In The Reservation Only Supper Club?

wawa40207

I was wondering if you tip on these meals with cash or is it added to your sail and sign card? does the land rule apply 15-20% if you do tip and if so do you hand it in a hand shake or on the table? i would hate to have a tipping faux pas!

We had quite a discussion about this over on the quests. asked section of the board. Most cruiselines say the thip is included in the extra price. But as many of us mentioned there is a line for adding a tip when you sign your bill-sort of the same way when you buy a drink-they add a grat to that of 15% but there is still a line for you to add extra.

So there is no need to feel OBLIGATED to tip extra. Still though most do and don't be surprised if you get a cool reception when you don't tip extra-still though especially if the service was not good I would not tip extra no matter how cool a reception I got.

We have only ate in a speciality rest. one time. We did tip extra but our waiter was suberb, very funny and entertaining, besides being an excellent waiter-the food was great-I think we gave him a $20 tip. There were 3 of us.

Don't read anything into the extra line for a tip when you pay fee. That is a standard form. Every receipt has this. They will not make a special form for the specialty restaurant.

We did not tip, and I have not heard of anyone offering an extra tip. This was on Celebrity, other cruiselines may be different. From what I understand, the $/person fee is the tip. I think we paid for this automatically when we made our reservation, so I don't think we even had an oportunity to tip. The following is a quote from the Celebrity website:

There is a cover charge for dining in the specialty restaurants onboard Constellation, Millennium, Infinity, and Summit. This charge is a $30 per person charge that will be posted to your onboard signature account (This covers gratuities). Additional charges apply for wines and other beverages purchased as usual.

It would be best to post this question on the board for your cruiseline.

I'll have to agree with Lou33. We owned a small business for 16 years and when we started using a terminal to process charge card sales, we were a little surprised to see the tip line included in there. It is because it is a service oriented business and that is what the software does, I'm not positive they can delete it, we could not.

From what we have been told in all these restaurants, the tip is included in the charge. I'm sure anything additional will be welcome, but not expected.

I'll have to agree with Lou33. We owned a small business for 16 years and when we started using a terminal to process charge card sales, we were a little surprised to see the tip line included in there. It is because it is a service oriented business and that is what the software does, I'm not positive they can delete it, we could not.

From what we have been told in all these restaurants, the tip is included in the charge. I'm sure anything additional will be welcome, but not expected.

I always pay by checkcard at my hair cutting salon-if I want to put the tip on my checkcard I have to tell them before they ring it up as there is no line on the receipt for adding a tip. So that is not true that you can't offer services and customers pay by credit without there being a tip line.

I read several reviews on the Voyager of the Seas back when voyager first came out. Several posted in these reviews that they were "given the cold shoulder" when they did not tip. I do know many do tip-read ship reviews of the ship[ you are cruising-I guess that is the best info you could get anyway-maybe it is different on different ships.

I know personally we never tip when we buy drinks. I figure the 15% that is already factored in should cover it and I am not interested in the bartender giving me "free" drinks because I tip extra as I have read many post. but then I am one of those unfortunate few that alochol makes me "sleepy"-as I want to enjoy the nightlife a little and not go to bed at 10 p.m. when on a cruise-I don't drink much.

i think maybe what i will do is watch the other people around me and you know the saying when in rome do as the romans!! so i guess it will be when cruising do as the other cruisers! this is our 4th cruise but first mega sized ship with the dinner club!

The following is a quote from the Celebrity website:

There is a cover charge for dining in the specialty restaurants onboard Constellation, Millennium, Infinity, and Summit. This charge is a $30 per person charge that will be posted to your onboard signature account (This covers gratuities). Additional charges apply for wines and other beverages purchased as usual.

What more is there to this question? The tip is included. If you feel you would like to give more than what's already given, go ahead. If not, then you are still covered. ;)

Monica :D

Archived