President Week 2006 Costa Magica

familyof4cruising

I am traveling on the Costa Magica 2/19/06. This is my first experience with Costa. Does anyone have any pictures of the Magica to share? The sailing is actually filling up. I assume because children are $ 199 for that week, and that is a great price for that week. Any thoughts on the Kids program on Costa in comparison to Carnival , RCCL, and NCL? Thanks

Don't know about the other cruise lines, but my boys 4 & 5 had a great time with the Costa Kids Club back in December. Each time they attended they got "Squok Money" and at the end of the week, they had an auction where they traded it in for all the Costa logo merchandise that they wanted. They came back to cabin with Backpacks, CD holders, wallets, pens, baseball caps, tatoos and visors etc. They loved going there and it was open from 9-12 2.30-5.30 and 8-11. Also they offered group babysitting from 11 to 1.30 so we could have adult time. The staff were very friendly and the boys loved them. They also had a section at their private island just for the kids where you could leave them for a couple of hours and relax on the beach. There were times when I told the boys they couldn't go as it was our family holiday and we wanted to spend time with them. They came back to the cabin at various times with painted faces, took part in a talent show and went to a pizza, all in all a great time for them and ofcourse us.

You are welcome and my confidence in Costa continues as this year we are booked again, this time on the Mediterraena for 2 weeks over Christmas. We also cruised pre-kids on other lines including Costa and chose Costa for our first family cruise and we are so happy with the way everyone made our boys welcome including the stewards and butler, (we pick a panoramic suite for the extra space - 2 sinks, queen bed and bunk beds as well as the balcony and lots of closet space and extra room to play) to the dining room staff and maitre d's that make sure your children are happy with their meals. Even the customs officers you meet each time you leave the ship remember your kids and make them feel special. So enjoy and ask away if you need any further info

Archived