Catamaran / snorkeling Tours

frito58

We have never been to this Island , just came back from Barbados and did Calabaza tours, does anyone do anything like that here. This was AI lunch drinks a lot of fun for around $100 pp. and she limited it to 12 people so it was not over crowded . Looks like a nice island for something like this.

Just came back from Roatan. We took the Free Radical catamaran tour and it was one of the best excursions I have ever been on.

We were met at the cruise dock by our driver and taken to the east end of the island. You get to see a lot of what life is like in Roatan as well as some great vistas from the hilltops. The road is quite winding and the trip takes about 45 minutes.

At Oak Ridge we met Julie and Ed, the owners of Spirit of Free Radical, a 48 foot catamaran. Our first task was to co-ordinate our return times. Ed was making sure we were comfortable with the time they would be back so that we'd have a nice "comfort margin" of time before the ship sailed.

Julie and Ed are ex-pat Canadians who have sailed around the world and are presently living aboard the cat. They were wonderful hosts. They along with their cook and two deckhands made a great crew.

There was ample time for snorkelling and swimming and just lazing about on the large open decks, the trampolines, or under cover in the shade. There were snacks that clearly exceeded expectations including freshly baked muffins and cookies as well as the normal stuff, including soft drinks and beer.

Next we had appetizers that included mini pizza-like circles that I ate far too many of. I had no idea that a full meal, with wine and pina coladas was to follow. It included shrimp and chicken and beef with salad and side dishes. It was a lot more than I expected.

On the sail back to Oak Ridge the carrot cake was brought out. It looked fabulous, but there was nowhere to put it in me.

The driver awaited us for the return to the ship and we were back with loads of time to spare before sailing.

I highly recommend this trip if you are looking for something a little "out of the way" from the western beaches. It was a glorious day for us.

Just came back from Roatan. We took the Free Radical catamaran tour and it was one of the best excursions I have ever been on.

We were met at the cruise dock by our driver and taken to the east end of the island. You get to see a lot of what life is like in Roatan as well as some great vistas from the hilltops. The road is quite winding and the trip takes about 45 minutes.

At Oak Ridge we met Julie and Ed, the owners of Spirit of Free Radical, a 48 foot catamaran. Our first task was to co-ordinate our return times. Ed was making sure we were comfortable with the time they would be back so that we'd have a nice "comfort margin" of time before the ship sailed.

Julie and Ed are ex-pat Canadians who have sailed around the world and are presently living aboard the cat. They were wonderful hosts. They along with their cook and two deckhands made a great crew.

There was ample time for snorkelling and swimming and just lazing about on the large open decks, the trampolines, or under cover in the shade. There were snacks that clearly exceeded expectations including freshly baked muffins and cookies as well as the normal stuff, including soft drinks and beer.

Next we had appetizers that included mini pizza-like circles that I ate far too many of. I had no idea that a full meal, with wine and pina coladas was to follow. It included shrimp and chicken and beef with salad and side dishes. It was a lot more than I expected.

On the sail back to Oak Ridge the carrot cake was brought out. It looked fabulous, but there was nowhere to put it in me.

The driver awaited us for the return to the ship and we were back with loads of time to spare before sailing.

I highly recommend this trip if you are looking for something a little "out of the way" from the western beaches. It was a glorious day for us.

Thank you for the first hand info , even after a lot of cruises that time constraint thing is always a worry , and I am not one to cut it close. :o It looks like a lot of fun .

May I ask how many people were on your sailing ??? It seems they open it up to as many as 30 that seems a bit much , maybe not , but on Barbados they limited it to just 12 that was nice but 18 to 20 would have been no problem either.

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking to do this tour on Jan 4 2012. There are 3 of us but they require a min of 6. We will be on the New Years Liberty cruise. We did the Calabaza tour in barbados this past August and had a great time. Think this catmaran will be the same. Last time we were at Roatan we did the beach package through carnival it was ok but looking to see more this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Go with a small tour operator and try Upachaya. Have used them twice. They are located on the back side of the Island. Great visibility. Great snorkeling. A great choice for guests that one small group. Environmentally friendly. Quieter group. Vegetarian Lunch. Wonderful experience.

• 2 weeks later...
just came back from roatan. We took the free radical catamaran tour and it was one of the best excursions i have ever been on.

We were met at the cruise dock by our driver and taken to the east end of the island. You get to see a lot of what life is like in roatan as well as some great vistas from the hilltops. The road is quite winding and the trip takes about 45 minutes.

At oak ridge we met julie and ed, the owners of spirit of free radical, a 48 foot catamaran. Our first task was to co-ordinate our return times. Ed was making sure we were comfortable with the time they would be back so that we'd have a nice "comfort margin" of time before the ship sailed.

Julie and ed are ex-pat canadians who have sailed around the world and are presently living aboard the cat. They were wonderful hosts. They along with their cook and two deckhands made a great crew.

Next we had appetizers that included mini pizza-like circles that i ate far too many of. I had no idea that a full meal, with wine and pina coladas was to follow. It included shrimp and chicken and beef with salad and side dishes. It was a lot more than i expected.

On the sail back to oak ridge the carrot cake was brought out. It looked fabulous, but there was nowhere to put it in me.

how much?

Archived