Upachaya Snorkel/Kayak Tours

azcacruzin

We snorkled with Upachaya last Christmas. Let me say that it was our favorite excursion. The guides were knowledgeable and friendly. We snorkled the wall, and a different site. The guides asked us how long we wanted to stay at each site, made it more personal for us. We were with two other small families.

The lunch after the snorkeling takes place on their beautiful property by the mangroves, and the food is a local, healthy island lunch. We had avocado and black bean salad, delicious fresh fruit, guacamole, hummus to die for, etc.

A great excursion off the beaten path! Enjoy the wonders of Roatan!

• 5 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise and just wanted to let you know that we had a great time at Upachya!!! They were soooo nice. We were picked up promptly when we arrived at the port and taken through town, the driver was great and told us quite a bit about the area.

Just so you know this wellness resort is owned by Americans and their standards are the same or better than what you would find here. I worry when I go snorkeling and I use someone eles gear but I didn't have to worry here.

The boat capatin is the snorkel guide. He was great. He knew a lot about the area and was a great snorkel guide. He led our small group of 8 around and it was like we had the whole ocean to ourselves!! not like most of the snorkeling tours with the cruise ships I have been on, he had a full cooler full of beer waiting for us when we were done... :)

Lunch and drinks were included and it was sooooo good. I am by no means a health nut but the menu was so healthy and delicious!! Add to that all the beer you could drink and $5 Monkey La La's (mud slides) I was in heaven.

On top of that, the owner helped me with a bad rash I had gotten while tubing the day before, she specializes in organic healing. They also have a dog who is like the welcoming committee... he walks around the property with you and keeps you company!

Do not miss out on this wonderful day in Roatan!!

Archived