Bought tix on-line in advance for Cayman Turtle Farm?

Mary loves to travel

We just purchased our tickets online and got the discount. We are heading over on the Carnival Legend in January. We plan on taking the free bus over to the Farm, but then plan on scouting the area by foot afterwards ( Hell, GeoCaching, lunch at Tim Buc Tuu perhaps etc.) We then plan on taking a local bus back to port.

In a perfect world we would love to have time to tour Caybrew Brewery as well, but I doubt time will be on our side.

K and the A-Team

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we're back from our cruise - we did buy our tickets on-line in advance, and it turned out to be a great way to go!

Got the 20% discount right at checkout, then printed our confirmation letter.

Once in port and right off the ship, there is an info desk; the woman there called the Cayman Turtle Farm folks, who sent out an SUV to pick us up.

On the short drive to the park, we arranged a return time.

decided on the "all park" pass, and that was a good decision. We got a guided tour of the turtle farm, then were on our own to stroll through the rest of the park: Predator Lagoon, including an underwater viewing area, an aviary, and extensive grounds. There were a couple of options for swimming; we did not take advantage of those, but families with kids would find this a nice break.

At the appointed time, we returned to the front of the park, where our ride was waiting to take us back to the port.

All in all, a very nice day.

--Mary

OK, we're back from our cruise - we did buy our tickets on-line in advance, and it turned out to be a great way to go!

Got the 20% discount right at checkout, then printed our confirmation letter.

Once in port and right off the ship, there is an info desk; the woman there called the Cayman Turtle Farm folks, who sent out an SUV to pick us up.

On the short drive to the park, we arranged a return time.

decided on the "all park" pass, and that was a good decision. We got a guided tour of the turtle farm, then were on our own to stroll through the rest of the park: Predator Lagoon, including an underwater viewing area, an aviary, and extensive grounds. There were a couple of options for swimming; we did not take advantage of those, but families with kids would find this a nice break.

At the appointed time, we returned to the front of the park, where our ride was waiting to take us back to the port.

All in all, a very nice day.

--Mary

Sounds like you had a great day! Can you tell me how it would take you so use the "all park pass"? I see most people say that you can do the turtle farm tour in about an hour (or less). Thanks so much for your help!

we were there for a total of about 2 hours; an hour is enough for the turtle park part, we spent the second hour wandering around the rest of the park, and did enjoy it. If we'd had kids of the age to enjoy swimming, another 1/2 hour to an hour (or more) could have been enjoyably spent. Depends how much time you want to swim & snorkle. We also did not eat lunch there, but went back to the ship.

Mary

Thanks Mary!

You plan sounds like our plan. Was wondering where to get the ride offered to the Farm. Info desk it is. Bring on the turtles,

my 7 year old is getting excited.

By the way, did you pop over to Hell as well?

I'm confused.... is the turtle farm the same as or located in Boatswain Park? Also when looking at the websites for Dolphin Discovery and Boatswain, one it looks and says right across the street but the other shows it a ways away.

We have 5- 3 of us will be doing the dolphins and then want to meet up with my son and husband and all do the turtle farm/Boatswain. How would be the best way to do this? What if the ship can't stop due to weather?

Have been to GC before but have only done 7 mile beach and stingrays so need help on the other.

Thanks in advance!!

I found this to be confusing also. It turns out that the Turtle Farm is inside Boatswain park. So you have a choice of buying a ticket for only the Turtle Farm, or the "whole park" ticket, which lets you enjoy the entire Boatswain park.

I think if you buy your tickets on-line in advance, and the ship can't stop due to weather, you will get a refund - but look at the website to be sure.

Hope this helps.

I found this to be confusing also. It turns out that the Turtle Farm is inside Boatswain park. So you have a choice of buying a ticket for only the Turtle Farm, or the "whole park" ticket, which lets you enjoy the entire Boatswain park.

I think if you buy your tickets on-line in advance, and the ship can't stop due to weather, you will get a refund - but look at the website to be sure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I saw the dolphin cancel policy, includes info if the ship doesn't stop but probably missed the Boatswain Park policy. I would guess it's pretty standard across the board.

I've struggled with the time zone/changes too. We'll be there after daylight savings changes next March so I think Cayman will be 1 hour behind.

Ughh! I like to be so prepared but feel a little lost on this. Oh well, maybe because we're leaving in 4 days for the Oasis. Yippee!! I'll worry about it all later.

Thanks again.

Archived