Current Concierges continued

PH8

Maybe the Butterfly Club is what Royal is giving us in lieu of Diamonds in December!!!;)

I thought of a few things that I would like to give them for no DiD, but CC would print them as all stars. The great exodus has started. Just moved one of my December cruises. Hated to give up 1602, but what can you do? Was just looking at who the concierge is for Serenade. Don't think that we have ever had him.

I thought of a few things that I would like to give them for no DiD, but CC would print them as all stars. The great exodus has started. Just moved one of my December cruises. Hated to give up 1602, but what can you do? Was just looking at who the concierge is for Serenade. Don't think that we have ever had him.

Speaking of "exodus" -- we are now booked on a Princess cruise out of Los Angeles. First time on Princess in 15 years. NO FLIGHT, WOOHOO!:D:D

Speaking of "exodus" -- we are now booked on a Princess cruise out of Los Angeles. First time on Princess in 15 years. NO FLIGHT, WOOHOO!:D:D

We did Princess in April and LOVED it..

As somebody said when I posted my review of my first Carnival Cruise after Monarch left us, welcome to the dark side.:)

Francois on Serenade is a real treat. We time our Serenade cruises around him in hopes that his contract doesn't get changed. Of course we do the same with Juan Diego and his changes every time you blink.

Gina

Booking the Legend for October 2014. My brother and SIL will probably book a GS. We will either be in a JS or D1 in the aft.

Can someone tell me if there is a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. Talking to Crown and Anchor they mentioned the Butterfly Club.

I see by the list there is a Concierge listed as well as a Diamond listing. Are Diamond Plus allowed into the area where suite guests meet?

This is my brothers first cruise on Royal, he normally sails on Silver Sea/Crystal etc. Hoping to convert him to a Loyal to Royal.

Just got off Legend, no difference at all between Diamond Lounge and Concierge lounge, food, drinks, wine and cocktails exactly the same, went into both and had a wonderful time.

Hi Karen,

It is Andrew from Ontario. We sailed with you January 6th on your multiple B2B.

Princess... And no flights. What a change. We haven't been on Princess for a while, but also enjoy them. What ship are you sailing on?

Hope you are both well and in good health.

Andrew

Really? Shock here! We did the coastal a couple of months ago and loved it. Never did find the CL but oh well.

As somebody said when I posted my review of my first Carnival Cruise after Monarch left us, welcome to the dark side.:)

Wow! I hardly consider Princess the dark side! :eek:

You just knew this would eventually happen. The temptation of not having to fly finally drew us over. Loyalty and funds go just so far. :D:D

Hi Karen,

It is Andrew from Ontario. We sailed with you January 6th on your multiple B2B.

Princess... And no flights. What a change. We haven't been on Princess for a while, but also enjoy them. What ship are you sailing on?

Hope you are both well and in good health.

Andrew

Hi, Andrew, nice to hear from you! We loved Allure so much, we booked it again.

We have booked Sapphire Princess and are so looking forward to sailing out of our home port again. Princess has 3 ships (seasonally?) out here.

Any cruises for you in the near future? Ah, never mind, I see in your signature that you have a "few" Oasis cruises planned -- good for you! I am envious --

Edited by travelgoddess1

Really? Shock here! We did the coastal a couple of months ago and loved it. Never did find the CL but oh well.

Wow! I hardly consider Princess the dark side! :eek:

I think that people who know us are surprised at our decision. (Or shocked:p) I have always said, never say never. :eek: (I might make an exception for Carnival, but who knows?)

Edited by travelgoddess1

I think that people who know us are surprised at our decision. (Or shocked:p) I have always said, never say never. :eek: (I might make an exception for Carnival, but who knows?)

Same here......after doing ONLY RCCL,this year we did Princess and going on Carnival in Oct.:) Loved Princess and do enjoy Celebrity too...........this girl is not only loyal to Royal anymore......granted,I still will cruise them,but they are not my only choice..

The entertainment is free. And I don't mean on stage. They don't call them the fun ships for nothing. ;) You just need to be in the right frame of mind and go with it.

My biggest issue is not what one would think and probably wouldn't bother most. They don't allow ANY pictures at ANY of their shows. RCI allows it at most as long as it's not video or flash.

Another problem for me is that they offer NOTHING to their suite guests. They have a priority guest services line for those with 10 cruises (or likely 70 points now) or more. But suites can't use it. Obviously they don't have anything remotely close to a concierge lounge.

And when they did their credit to point conversion, they did just the opposite of RCI. One cruise credit didn't convert to 7 points. They used the actual number of days so people with shorter cruises actually were demoted. NOT nice even if they wanted to have their total point value lowered. They should have at least grandfathered in the levels. I was low anyway at 4 cruises but my points are really low since 3 of those 4 were short cruises. Had RCI done it the same we, we'd have gone way up in points. OH well, it's really a non-issue for me. I just thought I'd mention that little tidbit.

Oppss..sorry for going on. The direction the conversation went had me thinking we were on the Diamond/D+ thread.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Just got off Legend, no difference at all between Diamond Lounge and Concierge lounge, food, drinks, wine and cocktails exactly the same, went into both and had a wonderful time.

Thanks so much for the information. The biggest perk will be sailng with my brother, but will be nice to have drinks with him in the evening when he books his suite.

You just knew this would eventually happen. The temptation of not having to fly finally drew us over. Loyalty and funds go just so far. :D:D

Hi, Andrew, nice to hear from you! We loved Allure so much, we booked it again.

We have booked Sapphire Princess and are so looking forward to sailing out of our home port again. Princess has 3 ships (seasonally?) out here.

Any cruises for you in the near future? Ah, never mind, I see in your signature that you have a "few" Oasis cruises planned -- good for you! I am envious --

Karen,

Princess is our second favourite line and is a great alternate when it comes to itineraries. When you don't fly it is even better again. I would love to not have to fly to get to port. I am just as envious back.:)

Take care for now Karen and please say hi to your DH for us. We hope to see you on board a ship in the near future.

Andrew and Lisa

Karen,

Princess is our second favourite line and is a great alternate when it comes to itineraries. When you don't fly it is even better again. I would love to not have to fly to get to port. I am just as envious back.:)

Take care for now Karen and please say hi to your DH for us. We hope to see you on board a ship in the near future.

Andrew and Lisa

Thanks, Andrew and Lisa!

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Fernando Ugalde Nadal(till Sept '13) and Rahim Fraoui(till end of 11/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez till 07/21/13(Dexter Fraser)

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Sascha)

(Diamond)Anis Tebbeb(as of 05/15/13)

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser (Rahul Barua as of 09/02/13)

(Diamond) Iryna Tsybulnykova as of 05/20/13

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Mahmoud Messaoudi (Denzil Fernandes as of 07/02/13)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Willie Salaya as of end of April 2013

(Diamond)- Bertrand Almeida as of 06/09/13

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo as of 05/03/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag as of 05/03/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia (Nizar Laatiri 07/13/13 till 01/14)

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Diego Tripaldi as of 06/28/13

LG Legend -(Concierge)Luca Iorio as of 06/15/13

(Diamond)-Andrew Finegold(on vacation 07/13/13 till Sept '13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Oana Popa as of 05/10/13(Carlos Ortiz)

(Diamond)-Denzil Fernandes till 07/02/13

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge) &(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13(Mahmoud Messaoudi)

OA Oasis (Concierge) Charmaine Fernandes and Israel Sanchez(Israel on vacation 09/04/13-10/26/13)

Allan Fajardo(on vacation 06/22/13-09/04/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 10/26/13-12/14/13) (Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 10/26/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (JD on vacation 08/02/13 till mid Sept '13)

(Diamond)Gazetty James(till Sept '13)

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge)Pretty Shamu as of 06/28/13(Amit Chattopadhyay)

(Diamond) Karen Hernandez as of 06/28/13

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Francois Roux (on vacation 07/18/13 till 09/28/13

(Diamond) Nadja Djurdjevic

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Telma Santos

(Diamond) Gustavo Butcher(till 10/01/13)

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Yangyang Qi-till July '13(Jayeon Hong)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

The entertainment is free. And I don't mean on stage. They don't call them the fun ships for nothing. ;) You just need to be in the right frame of mind and go with it.

My biggest issue is not what one would think and probably wouldn't bother most. They don't allow ANY pictures at ANY of their shows. RCI allows it at most as long as it's not video or flash.

Another problem for me is that they offer NOTHING to their suite guests. They have a priority guest services line for those with 10 cruises (or likely 70 points now) or more. But suites can't use it. Obviously they don't have anything remotely close to a concierge lounge.

And when they did their credit to point conversion, they did just the opposite of RCI. One cruise credit didn't convert to 7 points. They used the actual number of days so people with shorter cruises actually were demoted. NOT nice even if they wanted to have their total point value lowered. They should have at least grandfathered in the levels. I was low anyway at 4 cruises but my points are really low since 3 of those 4 were short cruises. Had RCI done it the same we, we'd have gone way up in points. OH well, it's really a non-issue for me. I just thought I'd mention that little tidbit.

Oppss..sorry for going on. The direction the conversation went had me thinking we were on the Diamond/D+ thread.

Gina

Platinum converted, but Gold did not. We retained our Platinum status with a mere 29 nights at sea.:D

And in my experience, the shows suck, so not being able to photograph them (as if there would actually be somebody there to enforce that rule) isn't exactly a hardship.

Carnival offers pretty much nothing other than priority embarkation to suites. Platinum/Diamond get priority tendering and disembarkation, some laundry and few other perks that are hardly worth the effort. So one cruises Carnival (a) for the pleasure or (b) because there's no other option without flying. Thankfully, on the Left Coast, Princess has eliminated (b), so our upcoming cruise on Inspiration is likely our last Carnival cruise for awhile. When it's hard to tell whether cruising is better than staying home for the weekend doing laundry, that's not a good sign.

Maybe I missed where did no DiD come from?

Love To Cruise RCCL