NCL Jewel Mid Ship Mini Suite - Deck 11 Question?

srbb03

Hi All, I'm trying to book a mid ship mini suite on deck 11 on the NCL Jewel. I have couple of concerns, mainly around noise level by the cabin and would appreciate it if anybody can address them.

Considering room # 11568

Should I be concerned about the noise level due to the following?

-The room is close to the stairs

-The room is on deck 11 right below the pool/main deck areas on deck 12

Any other thoughts, suggestion & comments are welcome as this will be our first time on NCL and sailing out of NYC in Dec. We have cruised Celeberity and Carnival before.

Thanks!

being near the stairs is not an issue.

Look VERY close to see what part of the pool you are under. Put the two decks side by side on your computer screen - if you are where chairs get moved around, it might be an issue.

And, as always, you do know that a mini suite is really a deluxe balcony, right?

I'd check the deck plan as we had a mini and it was noisy with chairs scraping above us. If I am under that deck I make sure it's under a carpeted area. Some people aren't bothered by the noise and I suppose some may be under another area where chairs aren't being moved.

I hope you have fun!

Thanks all for your help.

@garycarla & mizlorinj – As per garycala’s suggestion, I put the two deck side by side and it turns out that we will be under the Kid’s Club/library. Hope that won’t be an issue!

@auntierobin – that’s definetily a relief that stairs noise won’t be an issue either!

Looking forward to get outta this cold NY weather! Will have to brace it the first and last of the cruise but, hope it’ll be well worth it on the days in between!

Thanks all for your help.

@garycarla & mizlorinj – As per garycala’s suggestion, I put the two deck side by side and it turns out that we will be under the Kid’s Club/library. Hope that won’t be an issue!

@auntierobin – that’s definetily a relief that stairs noise won’t be an issue either!

Looking forward to get outta this cold NY weather! Will have to brace it the first and last of the cruise but, hope it’ll be well worth it on the days in between!

Not sure about the Kid's Club, but we had a cabin under the library on the Jade and it was very quiet. I would imagine the Kid's Club will be quiet at night, depending on when they close it down. I'm pretty sensitive to noise when sleeping, so I like a quiet cabin!

I can't comment on the Jewel, but we had a mini-suite on deck 11 of the Jade. It was near the elevators/stairs and under the Kids Club and we never had any issues with noise whatsoever, not even on sea days. It was a great cabin and a great cruise!

~ Tanya

My friends and I have mini-suites under the Garden cafe will this be a problem? Mom is under the Great Outdoors. Will this be noise from chairs being moved she dozes off while reading in the afternoons.

We had a mini suite on the Pearl under the Garden Cafe and the noise after it closed (say 9PM-1AM) was terrible! It's the cleaning staff and their trollies, etc. If you have an opportunity to move elsewhere on the deck, you'd be better off.

If you hate noise it would be best to avoid cabins under or over public areas. I like to go to cruisedeckplans dot com. Once you locate your ship, scroll down to "drag decks" you'll be able to place one deck over another. Very helpful when choosing cabins. (learned about this right here on CC :))

If u r not able to change, I'd suggest a great pair of ear plugs. Enjoy your cruise!

I was on the Jewel last week in a mini-suite deck 11. It was a great cabin - had everything I needed (storage, nice deck, adequate bathroom). We were under the pool deck. There were times it was noisy. It was mostly kids running around both above and in the hallway. It did not wake us or become a big problem, but I wish the minisuites were on deck 9 or 10. Have a good time - you won't be in the cabin that much.

Archived