Princess Pulling Out of San Juan No Winter 2013

flamingo6363

I would love to know where everyone is getting these great last minute deals. I never find last minute deals out of New Jersey or out of New York on any line. As a matter for fact sometimes it is less expensive for me to fly to port. I have family who live in Florida and they get the same pricing out of FLL as I do even 2 weeks prior to sailing. We have friends who we met on one of our San Juan sailings who are CC members and live in Puerto Rico. When I asked them about these last minute deals they also have never seen them.

I'm wondering where these great last minute deals are also. I live in South Florida (7 minutes from Port Everglades and less than 30 minutes from POM depending on I95 traffic). I've been on 22 cruises and never got a resident rate. Most of the time there wasn't even a FL resident rate available. The few times there was, Past Guest , Military, or Interline (all of which I can sail under) were much cheaper.

Stevesan, so sad you had a similar experience out of FLL. We've been fortunate sailing from there. I'll bet you havent sailed that line or out of FLL again! Good thing we have choices. By the way, we did enjoy the ports on our S. Carib. cruise as well.

The insurance group were all from Tennessee.

I now avoid all boat trips sailing from Memphis.:p

We sailed Celebrity out of SJ in March and experienced the same chaos from locals. You could not get off an elevator without them rushing ahead of those waiting. Constant cutting in line in the buffet, extremely loud at the pools.

I love the southern itineraries but hesitate to deal with this again.

We sailed Celebrity out of SJ in March and experienced the same chaos from locals. You could not get off an elevator without them rushing ahead of those waiting. Constant cutting in line in the buffet, extremely loud at the pools.

I love the southern itineraries but hesitate to deal with this again.

we have only sailed out of San Juan 1 time. Had no problem whatsoever. It must be relative to the time of year. We loved our cruise so much, we are thinking of doing it again. We also loved staying in San Juan for a night prior to our cruise. It is a much better embarkation port than anything the states have to offer imho.

I'm wondering where these great last minute deals are also. I live in South Florida (7 minutes from Port Everglades and less than 30 minutes from POM depending on I95 traffic). I've been on 22 cruises and never got a resident rate. Most of the time there wasn't even a FL resident rate available. The few times there was, Past Guest , Military, or Interline (all of which I can sail under) were much cheaper.

I check prices everyday. I check big online TA that has 3 letters of the alaphabet stand for their name....one of the big name ones..advertise on tv..etc...the web site of the Cruise line..and I read Cruise critic every day.

When a bargin pops up................you know it from one of those. It does not take much time..and it is enjoyable to me.

Best BArgin the last few years...The CB was brought back from PR. I saw an ad where an inside was $699 for a New Year's EVe Cruise last year. Snapped that up. Then later in the year, a sale brught the cost of a balcony down to $1,000. So we sailed on the CB New Year's EVe cruise to Aruba and Cureso...for a little over $2.000.

I thought that was a great bargin..by the time we sailed..the cabin was costing twice that much.

No one told me. I was just checking prices on Princess..actually looking at the Ruby..when I found it. I called and put the deposit down that day.

WISH that happened this year. I loved that cruise. We won Jeopardize Trivia. Does it get any better?

My family of 6 did a Christmas cruise on the CB out of San Juan in 2011. Had a wonderful time. Did not see any of the chaos mentioned. We had 3 Caribe deck balcony cabins. Stayed one night in Puerto Rico before cruise and had a lovely stay.

Archived