Roll call Shadow February 23,2012

beita123

• 2 months later...

We are Peter & Alan and also on Silver Shadow from Freo to Singapore on the 23rd Feb.

We dont like to 'go public' until our 'Aussie' visas are granted and secured!!

Flying down to Perth on the 20th Feb, with 3 nights in a booked apartment before embarking the cruise.

Looking forward to S/Shadow as we thoroughly enjoyed the warmth and hospitality of all the crew on S/Whisper a few years ago. So much so, we stayed on for a extra few days and got off the ship whilst anchored off our own home port.

See you onboard quite soon now!

Peter & Alan.

Hi Guys. I hear you about the Australian Visa. My husband has Italian citicenship so he got his visa online in 5 minutes ( cant wait to get mine!). I had to send my passport to Mexico City for 40 days....talk about a long time....Hope to meet you huys onboard. My parents, traveling with us on the cruise, are flying Quantas on Feb 20th down to Perth on the 7:45pm flight. Are you taking that flight too? My husband and I arrive in Perth Feb 22.

As I have stated before we are on this cruise. Picked up the Silver Box today, our T/A has 30 people booked on this cruise so guess there will be a lot of Australians on board. Its going to be great leaving from our local port instead of the long haul flights.

See you there.

Hi Guys. I hear you about the Australian Visa. My husband has Italian citicenship so he got his visa online in 5 minutes ( cant wait to get mine!). I had to send my passport to Mexico City for 40 days....talk about a long time....Hope to meet you huys onboard. My parents, traveling with us on the cruise, are flying Quantas on Feb 20th down to Perth on the 7:45pm flight. Are you taking that flight too? My husband and I arrive in Perth Feb 22.

Similar situation perhaps. I am from the UK so can usually get my online visa application granted overnight. My partner however is Thai and has to complete the application form and also has to provide masses of supporting documentation.

But we've got used to dealing with that all over the world. To be fair the Aussie authorities, are amongst the easiest and fairest that we've dealt with. The Passport was back in just over a week from an appointed courier station.

We are flying into Perth from Kuala Lumpur very early morning, 05.20am I Believe? It's only a 1 hour flight from our own local airport down to KUL, so all pretty direct for us. Staying very local within Freo itself, but we have friends who live in that area too. We love it!

Looking forward to the cruise, some of the CC reviews are not so good, but we read similar about Whisper a few years back, yet could not fault anything, not that we were deliberately looking for fault anyway.

See you all onboard, together with mrscrab and her all fellow travellers pretty soon!:D

Peter & Alan

We seem to have dropped off the thread - replied to Beita 123 sometime ago to say that we were also on the cruise, but had no reply. Nice to know that there are some other CC'ers also sailing.

It will also be fun to have a group of Aussies onboard - had a ball on the Sun Princess some years ago sailing out of Sydney to New Caledonia, we were outnumbered!!

We are flying in early to get over jet lag :( hopefully it wont be too bad. Staying in city on the east side arriving on the 20th. We love Australia but this will be our first time in WA and can't wait.

Anybody who would like to join us for a "sail away" drink on the port side (left) of the Panorama Lounge at 6 ish would be very welcome. However neither David nor Jo will be wearing a rose in our mouth for recognition!!!:D:D.

Not long now!! Safe flight to you all - except of course for Mrs. Crab - lucky lady - no flight at all!!

See you soon

Master Echo

Will meet you there. Having had to fly to London, Lisbon, Fort Lauderdale and Las Palmas you have no idea how great this will be. Queen Victoria was in Fremantle yesterday, the Shadow will look like a tug boat compared to her. Having said that I am sure everyone will have " one big party" compared to the bigger ships.

Mrs. Crab, I do sympathise with you - we once flew from Papeete, Los Angeles, LA to NYC, NYC to Iceland, Iceland to LHR and then an internal flight!!:eek::eek:

After cruising for over 40 years (no I am not 95!!:)), we have now decided that smaller ships are better for so many reasons, too numerous to mention here. I am sure that if the Shadow is as good as it was last March, everyone will have a ball.

Many thanks for your good wishes Beita 123, and the same to you. See you in the Panorama Lounge 6 ish.:D:D

Master Echo

Cant wait! Safe travels to you...I will say though, I am actually looking foward to Flying Cathay Pacific again. Even if we have to travel around the world to see WA, be jetlagged , hungry, grouchy and tired.......It is still worth it! Im only hoping we dont hit rough seas.....ouch, hurricane season! see you guys soon!

Just a quickie - those passengers spending time in Perth before joining the Shadow, be prepared for one big haze over the city. A bushfire in the South West has created this problem. We need a strong wind to clear it (not a cyclone) then we would be back to a beautiful city again.

See you on Thursday, it has come around very quick!!

Dear Mrs. Crab,

When I was a little girl, my mother said that if I blowed very hard, I could blow away the clouds and the day would be sunny!! So please start blowing very hard!!!!!!!! :(:(

Currently sitting in the airport lounge, waiting for flight to Singapore, and then onwards to your lovely city - Perth - although from what I have gathered from your posts - you are a Freo crab??!! We are staying in Perth - east side - and arrive early hours of 20th. Hiring a car for two days and have heard such lovely stories and seen such beautiful pictures of your lovely area, will be most disappointed if it resembles a foggy day in London Town!! So start blowing - HARD!! See you in the Panorama Lounge around 6'ish on embarkation day. I am sure we are going to have a brilliant cruise!!:D:D:D

Regards

Master Echo

Archived