Request for Invitation/Save the Date Advice

We're planning a Memorial Day weekend or early June 2006 cruiseship wedding with a reception at home for friends and family who can't make the cruise. The etiquette books are fuzzy on this, so I thought I'd ask what other brides have done. How did you handle your save the dates? Did you include information on both events? We plan on inviting everyone to both events, so I think it's probably ok, but wanted to get other opinions. We're planning on creating a "passport" save the date, so I thought one option would be to include the curise wedding info up front and the reception at home as another "destination"

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Best wishes to all! :)

CaliTraci

CaliTraci,

We are having our wedding at sea on the Caribbean Princess in September. Along with you, we are also having a "reception" here at home for the friends and family who can't make it. What I have done is sent out save the date "message in a bottle" to all my friends and family. On the actual cards inside I have a scroll for the reception date and an additional scroll for the wedding. Like you many will probably go to both, however for those who must choose one or the other, I have given them an option. It has gone over very well and everyone has loved it.

I hope this gives you a little help. I know the entire process of planning and figuring out what to do and how to do it can be somewhat over whelming.:confused: Let me know if you need any other advise. sestrong821@hotmail.com

Good luck with all the planning, it'll be a blast!

Shelly

Archived