Questions about teens on Eurodam

birder22

My family and I are looking forward to our second HAL cruise on the Eurodam in December.

My daughter is 19 and as I understand the rules she would be allowed in the Northern Lights dance club and at the aft pool, but would not be allowed to purchase alcohol on board. Correct?

My son is 16. Is the age limit for the Northern Lights 18? What about the aft pool? I've seen posts that the age for the pool is 14 and others that it is 18. Is there a curfew time for teens?

According to the Ship's Services office there will be 168 13-17 year olds on our sailing (and it's not the Christmas sailing!). Do the rules concerning pool usage change with the number of children on board?

Thank you in advance for your answers. We are looking forward to a lively cruise.

Kim

Birder22 - Are you on the December 31 sailing??? I ask because this is the cruise that we are on - with kids ranging from 12 - 17. When I checked a couple of months ago, there were eighty something in the 13- 17 crowd - and I'd be thrilled if that has increased to the 160's!

I am also interested in the hours - specifically for the 16/17 crowd.

We are on the Dec 17 sailing. The sailing was priced like the early December sailings and our kids were off school that week- so it was a bargain! I guess many families were in the same situation.

My son is looking forward to spending a sea day at the aft pool reading but he may have to find another location if it is adults only.

I will try to answer some of your questions from my knowledge of HAL throughout the years I have sailed on them. I started sailing HAL when I was 5 years old and I am still sailing on them 27 years later.

For the AFT View Pool your children will be able to lay on the loungers in the AFT View area, but they recommend that the use of the pool be kept to adults. This area is not like the adult only area on other lines. I have seen many familes laying around this area, as this area is one of the larger uncovered areas on the ship. The area around the family pool have about 1/8 of the amount of loungers and some of them are covered.

As for the rules pertaining to the Aft View Pool. These sometimes change from sailings to sailings. It depends on how many families and how many children are sailing on the voyage. I have seen the Aft view open for children during holidays but I have also seen it only for Adults on other holiday sailings. The only real way to see if the pool is adult only is to look at the daily program. The Hotel Manager/Deck Officers make the decision from voyage to voyage about the best way to utilize the pool best.

As for the Spa/Gym the age they can start using it is around the age of 14. However, from the age of 14 to 18 they need to have a adult present. They would not be allowed to use any of the facilities unless they had an adult present.

We are on the Dec 17 sailing. The sailing was priced like the early December sailings and our kids were off school that week- so it was a bargain! I guess many families were in the same situation.

My son is looking forward to spending a sea day at the aft pool reading but he may have to find another location if it is adults only.

Same time last year on the Westerdam, the kids could be in the aft pool area, but not in the pool or hot tubs. Many tried, even with parents, but they were asked to leave.

Maxine

Archived