gauaranted 5A cabin?

glsgus

I sail on April 16 on the Inspiration I have a gauranted 5A cabin, what does this mean? I still havent gotten my cabin assingnment does anyone know if I will get it before I leave or will I have to wait until I get to the port? This is my first cruise and I am not sure how this all works. thanks

You are guaranteed at least that high of a category but may get a possible upgrade. It is totally up to the cruise line. When I have done guarantees I have always gotten at least a one category upgrade, but it is possible (any pure luck) that you may get a suite. You will most likely know your cabin number before you go. Check on-line or call the cruise line. If not, just tell the cruise line rep at pier check-in you don't know your cabin assignment - they'll take care of the luggage tags etc.

We received our docs in the mail yesterday and have an assigned room (booked guarantee) does that mean no upgrade...or do we have a chance of still being upgraded before the cruise on May 7th?

Thanks!

Cindy

a 5A is a cabin with port holes-- you COULD be upgraded to a full oceanview cabin. When did you book? Cabins are usually set within 72 hours of sailing.

Thanks everyone for the info. I booked about a month ago, I have my papers and my grey tags with TBA on them we cant wait to go I think any cabin will be great but a upgrade would make it all the more sweeter. anyone stay in a port holecabin before? Can you see out well?

The port hole is mostly used to let light into the cabin. I dont think you will be in your cabin long enough to look out the window--but will be up on the decks to see out.

We book two guarentees on the Paradise (loved it being non smoking!!) as couple of years back. One cabin was for the boys - lowest cat - and one was for hubby and I (one up from lowest). Our luggage tags said TBA. When we arrived we were very pleased by a 3 cat upgrade for the boys and a 2 cat for us. We ended up with side by side rooms.

Enjoy!!:p

Archived