Where to grab LOBSTERS in ENSENADA at a reasonable price!

bibibi

I heard alot of great things about how cheap lobsters cost in ENSENADA. i will be going on Carnival cruise 3 days stopping at ENSENADA port for a few hrs. Can anyone suggest where to grab some fresh juicy lobsters near the port and how much approximate i should expect to pay?? i also heard stories that the further down the street you go, the cheaper the price that is.:) but ofcourse the place should be safe and clean. ;)

Or, sharing any activities ( espcially eating) that i must do there would be appreciate too!!

Thank you soo much for sharing!:p

bibibi

The place famous for lobster is Puerto Nuevo which is a little north of Ensenada. There is a huge fish market in Ensenada which you may be able to get lobster. There are several small restaurants in the area which serve the fresh seafood. There is a seafood restaurant on the main drag in Ensenada but I can't recall the name offhand. My favorite is a little place at the north end of the main drag, not far from Hussoungs. Again, the name escapes me but it is very colorful with different colored painted chairs. They have great cocktelles, which are icecream sundae glasses filled with fish (shrimp or a mixture of clams, shrimp, pulpo) served cold in a tomato base. Yum! The pacific coast lobsters are not like the Maine ones. There are no large claws. How they cook them Puerto Nuevo style is they deep fry them and then serve them with rice and beans and tortillas. There is a certain season for lobsters and I think it is in the winter. I am going to Ensenada myself in May/June and will jot down the names of these places.

Puerto Nuevo is the place for lobsters! However it is not in Ensenada, maybe about 30 to 45 minutes north. You can get small, med, or large for about 15.oo for small and thats with a free margarita! I think if you walk around and see signs saying Puero Nuevo style you will be o.k. Just go in and look around, if you don't like the looks of the place, leave. I hope this helps, Debi

Archived