Pineapple Beach vs. Long Bay Beach

Mysticcruiser

I am travelling to Antigua on the Adventure of the Seas at the end of the month. Can anyone tell me which beach they liked better Pineapple or Long Bay? I really want some place that has nice water (not too rough) and definitely want to rent chairs and umbrellas. I currently have reservations at the Pineapple, but have read conflicting posts regarding the food quality and availability of chairs. Can anyone give me any advice???

They are the same beach. The Occidental Grand Pineapple Beach Resort is at one end of the beach, therefore the name Pineapple Beach and the other end is Long Bay Hotel. Closer to Long Bay Hotel, is a rental chair & umbrella spot. They also rent mask & snorkels. There is also 'Barrow chill out bar' - has burgers and such, they also have snapper on the menu. Recently, just overlooking the beach, a pizza/pasta place called "Mama Pasta" has opened.

Hope that helps

I am travelling to Antigua on the Adventure of the Seas at the end of the month. Can anyone tell me which beach they liked better Pineapple or Long Bay? I really want some place that has nice water (not too rough) and definitely want to rent chairs and umbrellas. I currently have reservations at the Pineapple, but have read conflicting posts regarding the food quality and availability of chairs. Can anyone give me any advice???

As noted above, same basic location but we did the day pass at Pineapple beach and will surely do it again when ever we visit that island. Very nice day, reasonably priced. GREAT photo ops!

I don't think that Long Bay hotel rents out chairs but Island Watersports which is located at Long Bay does rent chairs & umbrellas. Don't forget that with a Pineapple day pass, that it covers access to the pools, bathroom facilties, restaruant and Miss Marys. Miss Marys is the best - she serves bbq and drinks - it's a slight trek up the hill and her spot makes for some great reading as most of the guests leave some kind of a souvenir.

We did the day pass at the Pineapple and had a great day. They have lots of unique and very strong drinks to try! We had breakfast, which was ok, and skipped lunch. I think the kids had lunch and enjoyed what they had. Also we were able to windsurf, sea kayak and snorkle. I would go there again and think it would also be a great place to stay -- very laid back.

We arrived at Pineapple Beach around 10:15 am and found more chaise hogging than I have ever seen on a cruise! All the chairs were taken, and the staff were less than helpful. We finally managed to locate two, but it was a struggle. Personally, I would skip the day pass and just go to Long Bay beach if I were to do it over.

Archived