Help me decide what cruise next year :) (Europe)

Verfai

I would not wait too long to decide, we are booked on Splendour for this coming May and our inside cabin has already gone up $300 per person since we book. Guess it is easier to fill the smaller ships.

I know, I know :D…But it’s just a we bit too early at this time for us to book for numerous reasons. I would love to be able to put my foot down to at least have something to look forward to.

If prices keep going up like this, we will look for something else…Its getting ridiculous compared to what we paid for Liberty in June this year. I understand whit current crisis RCI has upped its pricesn but it has to stop sometime…Hopefully.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Hello all,

Since we are in the cold months and winter is on the doorstep, it’s becoming that time of the year to plan the next cruise :).

Last year in June we enjoyed Liberty sooooooooo much, that we went back to her in September, so we are very familiar with all the venues of the Freedom class ships and really loved it.

June Liberty was so much fun mainly due to making some great friends via these boards which created a extremely good atmosphere, we got off the ship more tired than we got on…It might not sound like it, but that was a good thing :D!

September Liberty was good to, but was defiantly different…It was a way different passenger manifest that created a more dull atmosphere onboard. Luckily we met some interesting people on the meet and mingle and we had great table mates. But we were missing something from June…

Luckily Liberty has soooooo many venues, like the promenade and the many bars onboard, even with a less party atmosphere it is basically impossible to get board or not have a good time…

So that’s why I ask here for next year, because I have my doubts on some things.

At this time I’ve narrowed it down to

-Navigator June 17 or June 24 (Rome, Sicily, Kusadasi, Athens, Chania, Rome)

-Splendour June 16 (Venice, Bari, Corfu, Mykanos, Athens, Dubrovnik, venice)

-Splendour June 23 (Venice, Bari, Corfu, Santorini, Kusadasi, Katekalon, venice)

All of them have nice itinerary’s.

Navigator has nearly all the venues of a Freedom class ship, so no brainer there.

And here comes the problem :),

However the Splendour itinerary sounds more appealing to us, but this is a Vision class, so a lot less venues, I fear that ship being nothing for us like for example no disco onboard to go to at night, no promenade to hang out…However the refurbishment Splendour is going through now might change our minds, or not?

If any of you want to share thoughts on this on the differences on both ships, please do so :)

BTW, I also see that prices are way more expensive than last year, due to time of year, econimic crisis?

Gr

I have done three Mediterranean cruises and would vote for the Navigator. I prefer that class of ship over the Splendor. Rome is an easier embarkation/debarkation port over Venice. The ports are good on both cruises. In Silicy, I would recommend visiting Taormina. We were just there in September for our 20th Anniversay and the scenery is spectacular. Ephesus in Turkey is another wonderful place to visit. Walking in the footsteps of the apostle Paul just amazed me. I'm sure it will be wonderful, whatever you choose!

Thanks for the info!

We are still undecided :D, The First review/pictures of the refurb Splendour might do the trick. Also the prices they are asking for summer 2012 at this moment for whatever cruise looks more expensive than this year :S.

The dancing in the bars on Splendour, is it more, and excuse me using these terms :D, “older music”? We do like a bit more modern music :).

Hi again,

I have just been reading Lara's review of the Liberty trip in June. It sounds like you were part of that trip and had a blast. Would now defo say the Navigator is the ship for you.. As PCWaton1 said the prices are rising, but that may be dependent on certain itineraries and ships. We booked our Baltics cruise in June for Aug next year, and it is nearly sold out already and the cabins have gone up 300 dollars each as well. Unlike our US counterparts we loos the deposit, so you have to be certain when you book...

BTW, there was a disco in Splendour, otherwise it was easy listening style dancing in the bars and atrium.

Hope you get something sorted for next year, I guess you could also look at the competition if the price was right...:)

I have done three Mediterranean cruises and would vote for the Navigator. I prefer that class of ship over the Splendor. Rome is an easier embarkation/debarkation port over Venice. The ports are good on both cruises. In Silicy, I would recommend visiting Taormina. We were just there in September for our 20th Anniversay and the scenery is spectacular. Ephesus in Turkey is another wonderful place to visit. Walking in the footsteps of the apostle Paul just amazed me. I'm sure it will be wonderful, whatever you choose!

Another vote for Navigator, thx for the tips :)

Hi again,

I have just been reading Lara's review of the Liberty trip in June. It sounds like you were part of that trip and had a blast. Would now defo say the Navigator is the ship for you.. As PCWaton1 said the prices are rising, but that may be dependent on certain itineraries and ships. We booked our Baltics cruise in June for Aug next year, and it is nearly sold out already and the cabins have gone up 300 dollars each as well. Unlike our US counterparts we loos the deposit, so you have to be certain when you book...

BTW, there was a disco in Splendour, otherwise it was easy listening style dancing in the bars and atrium.

Hope you get something sorted for next year, I guess you could also look at the competition if the price was right...:)

Good catch there, yes we were part of that trip :D…If I would be able to get the exact same group together again I would even book a row boat over the Atlantic in January…It will be a blast wherever we go :D .

However reality proved that getting a group together is not that easy for numerous reasons…We will see what happens.

We hope to book in January somewhere…And indeed as you said plenty of choices and the competition is always an option. Lara her NCL trip might convince us to take a trip with them.

And yet another vote for Navigator, thx :)

Archived